Visionariums?

LeoBP

Does anyone use these? I am thinking about spurging a little when Speck gets bigger, instead of just buying a 20L with screen lid. That and they are stackable, because I'm sure I'll end up getting another gecko eventually (let's face it...probably here pretty soon)

Let me know what you think of these....or if anyone uses them, could I see some pics of yours??

http://www.visionproducts.us/htm7/visionarium.html

Thanks,
Josh

LeoBP

See...I found this site...Glasscages.com...and they also make something that I'd be interested in...they are 1/2 Height Aquariums. I could get a 20L that's only 6" high, but I'd still have the screen tops and clamps.

I really like the look of the Visionariums, the sliding glass doors...I will probably end up paying the extra for it simply because it looks better :D

MrLeoGecko

The bird Is The Word
ive got a coustom built cage it looks better than that its bigger and cheaper also u can customise thing like glue colour number of sliding doors and mesh screen or coloured plastic i think there fantastic

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
While I have not used Visionariums, front opening cages are definitely the way to go. I have all my frogs in Exo Terra cages, and will be phasing out the glass aquaria my reptiles are in for custom built front opening cages for the big guys, and either a rack, Visionariums, or a custom unit for my geckos. Front opening cages are way more space and labor efficient, and I can't wait until I'm free of screen topped fish tanks.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have one visionarium and I don't like it for the following reasons:

--the bottom frame sags

--the corners are rounded so I can't put anything angled in there, especially my "poop tile"

--it's not as tall inside as a regular 20 long so I can't put a second level in there

--there are these lines that stick out on the underside so it's hard to install a UTH

--The crickets always end up in the channel between the cage and the glass door so the geckos can't get to them

Most of my other cages are the half-high ones from glasscages.com. They also make one with sliding front doors which I like better than the visionarium (it's also about 2/3 the price!). When I got it, it was a regular glass cage with sliding front doors but now they're making it with a non-transparent granite frame.

Aliza

LeoBP

I have one visionarium and I don't like it for the following reasons:

--the corners are rounded so I can't put anything angled in there, especially my "poop tile"

--there are these lines that stick out on the underside so it's hard to install a UTH

Aliza

Thank you so much....These are two aspects that I was worried about...I think I'll research that other site some more...

LizMarie

Visionariums are nice but the price isn't .. A few months ago I contacted Glasscages and asked them to give my the price on 3 tanks that were 15 gallon tanks with hinged front door, each tank was just $33. So I think it'll be cheaper to make yourself a nice little rack/book shelf and 2-3 custom tanks.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Here's one corner of my "gecko room" (aka living room). I'm sure I've posted this before, but you can see 3 types of cages here: the top cage is the visionarium (you can actually see the bow in the front bottom of the cage), the next down is the old-style sliding front door cage from glasscages and the third one is a half-high tank from glasscages which has been divided into 3 sections w/ plexiglass to house 3 sets of hatchlings. The next shelf, by the way, has the large size faunariums which that year (2006, I think) had hatchlings in there too.

Aliza

ReptileRm1.jpg

adam&nikki

lol that looks like my living room lol i have 2 of the exo terra tanks but the rest are just regular tanks also have a custom built one that is my center peice but i do like both tanks in question but shipping would be costly would it not

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If you check out the glasscages website (that's what you're talking about, right?) you'll see that they do a lot of deliveries to many parts of the country. I never have them ship. When I need tanks (hopefully none anymore) I go to the drop off point for the Boston area.

Aliza

Visit our friends