What Are Their Morphs?

mr.trashmouth

Hi all, my name's Abe from Indonesia & I just got these 4 beautiful adult geckos from my friend. What I want to ask is what are the morphs of my geckos? Because the thing is my friend didn't know the morphs either, due to the data loss. Much appreciate if someone can help me on this. Thank you. FB_IMG_1654263766598.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
The one in the upper left hand corner is a little blurry. It seems as if 3 of the 4 geckos, the ones with no black markings (beige instead of black) are albinos. There are 3 strains of albino and there's no way to know which strain these are. As far as I can tell, the ones on the left also have the stripe gene, meaning that their birth markings ran shoulder to tail as opposed to side to side (which would be bands instead of stripes). The one one the top right is a tangerine (orange coloring) albino, super hypo (no body spots). They are often called either "hybino" or "sunglow". The non albino male may be a normal, wild type or it's' possible that it's a Mack snow. In that case it would have hatched black and white instead of black and yellow. Mack snows often yellow up as they reach adulthood. Unless someone saw it as a hatchling, there's no way to know for sure.

Aliza

mr.trashmouth

The one in the upper left hand corner is a little blurry. It seems as if 3 of the 4 geckos, the ones with no black markings (beige instead of black) are albinos. There are 3 strains of albino and there's no way to know which strain these are. As far as I can tell, the ones on the left also have the stripe gene, meaning that their birth markings ran shoulder to tail as opposed to side to side (which would be bands instead of stripes). The one one the top right is a tangerine (orange coloring) albino, super hypo (no body spots). They are often called either "hybino" or "sunglow". The non albino male may be a normal, wild type or it's' possible that it's a Mack snow. In that case it would have hatched black and white instead of black and yellow. Mack snows often yellow up as they reach adulthood. Unless someone saw it as a hatchling, there's no way to know for sure.

Aliza
So sorry for the late reply, but thank you so much for all of the informations given & it really enlighten me a lot. These babies will definitely won't be use for breeding programs due to the "uncleared" data and hopefully I can learn much more about their characteristics by having them as pet. Cheers. ^_^

Visit our friends