What do I do???

Alright so I've had my lavender leopard gecko for like three years now. He is good boy. But I've just ran into a problem. I noticed that after he shed this last time there was a bit stuck on his eye. He won't open the eye now, and I don think he can see out of it. He can still see perfectly fine with his left eye, so he still eats and drinks. He is my first gecko ever, and I don't want anything to happen to him. What's going on and what should I do???

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
The stuck shed needs to be removed. Gently wash his eye with some warm water with a q-tip. That may help him open his eye. You'll need to use a tweezers to grab and remove the shed. I was very nervous about using a tweezers near a gecko's eye, but it was fine. If you can't get it out, you'll need to bring him to a vet to do it.

Aliza

I got started on the procedure as soon as I woke up, and it worked. He is back to normal for the most part. I pulled the shed out after a few tries, and it was a lot larger than I thought. I don't know how it got lodged in there. Anyway, he's back to normal with just a little haze on his eye. I wouldn't have been able to help him if it weren't for you. Thank you so much!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Glad things went well. Sometimes it's a piece of shed that gets up under the eyelid, so it's a lot bigger than the little piece that's sticking out.

Aliza

Visit our friends