What do I feed a newborn and when???

Khrysty

You don't feed it until it sheds for the first time, in about 3 days. Then you can feed it small to normal sized mealworms, small to medium sized crickets, or roach nymphs

ajveachster

Side note: keep the paper towels moist in the bottom of the container to assist in that firs shed and hydration. Be patient. They can sometimes be pains when it comes to that first feeding.

Tristen124

ok i have two babes its been 1 week and haven't seen them shed so i tried to feed them one of them nibbled it but the other nudged him so i gave up on force feeding (didn't work) so what do i do

DrCarrotTail

I rarely see mine shed so I look for poo. After I see their first poo I leave a few worms in their cage. Even if I don't see shedding or poo I put worms in after three days. I leave them in an escape proof bowl and 90%+ of the babies find the bowl on their own and gobble up the worms. I know they have eaten because I put exactly 5 worms in their bowl and count them each evening to see if any have disappeared. They often won't eat with you staring at them or when it's bright out so give them some worms and leave them alone for a bit.

Visit our friends