What does R2 mean?

robin

because russell and myself (robin) originated the R2 Reptiles line of bold stripe. R2 reptiles was/is our business name. so when you hear R2 bold stripes it refers to our line of stripes here at R2 Reptiles.

B

BioWorkZ

Ohhhhhhh....that makes a lot more sense now. I always thought it had to do with generations of leopard geckos people were breeding. Thanks for asking the question neubauer geckos, and thanks for answering it Russ S & Robin. =)

Gregg M

Registered Member
R2 Bold stripes rock... Cant wait to see what gets produced in the next couple of years with the original line... :main_thumbsup: In the right hands, I am certain they will get better and bolder...;)

yellermelon

Rockin the Suburbs
Ohhhhhhh....that makes a lot more sense now. I always thought it had to do with generations of leopard geckos people were breeding. Thanks for asking the question neubauer geckos, and thanks for answering it Russ S & Robin. =)

I think you are thinking of F1 F2...wich does have to do with generations :)

robin

gregg doesnt it also have to do with generations say for instance. you get some wild caught snakes, you breed them the offspring are F1 captive bred animals, next generation F2 and so on and so fourth?

Gregg M

Registered Member
gregg doesnt it also have to do with generations say for instance. you get some wild caught snakes, you breed them the offspring are F1 captive bred animals, next generation F2 and so on and so fourth?

Robin, I have never used it in that context but I suppose it can be applied in that application... Thats why I say the term is usually, but not always reserved for hybridization. In my opinion the term is more properly used when talking about hybrids...

paulnj

Agreed Gregg , but If I was to state I have a F1 afghanicus, that would be 1 gen from WC parents.

Visit our friends