What is this morph?

Nic_ster

Hello everyone!

Im new to the forum but not new to leopard geckos, had them when I was younger and my partner recently got me another for Christmas since I’ve been wanting to get back into them :)

Got this little cutie but am unsure of the morph! Paperwork says albino but the split eye color and overall colors make me question that, also unsure of sex currently.

Thanks in advance!
Nicci 89D97302-F7D2-4967-A005-E830D575D8E6.jpeg

Attachments

• C01FA126-7F52-4DEE-A981-00DC5A9B9FA6.jpeg
    C01FA126-7F52-4DEE-A981-00DC5A9B9FA6.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
She is likely an albino . There's a chance that she may be a Murphy's Patternless. They start out with beige markings that eventually fade (google "murphy's patternless juvenile" to see what I mean). It's hard for me to tell whether this is a patternless with the last of the juvenile markings fading or whether it's a super hypo albino with some residual beige on the head and the tail. In any event, the split eyes is a trait called "snake eyes" which is related to the eclipse gene that produces either solid colored eyes or that split eye look. If the non-white part of the eye is red, it's an albino (but could be a patternless as well).

Aliza

Nic_ster

She is likely an albino . There's a chance that she may be a Murphy's Patternless. They start out with beige markings that eventually fade (google "murphy's patternless juvenile" to see what I mean). It's hard for me to tell whether this is a patternless with the last of the juvenile markings fading or whether it's a super hypo albino with some residual beige on the head and the tail. In any event, the split eyes is a trait called "snake eyes" which is related to the eclipse gene that produces either solid colored eyes or that split eye look. If the non-white part of the eye is red, it's an albino (but could be a patternless as well).

Aliza
Thank you so much! :) There’s SO many morphs I’m trying to get better versed in all of them . I googled both and hypo albino definitely looks like a strong match. Ill look at the eyes closer next time I have them out for handling.

Visit our friends