What Morph Is My Leopard Gecko?

ZoltarSpeaks

Hi, I would like some help. Can you tell what morph my leopard gecko is? I was thinking Mack Snow W/Y het Tremper Eclipse due to the snake eyes. But I'm not sure.
OMG.jpg SNO.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Those don't look like snake eyes to me. If they were snake eyes, the gecko would not be het eclipse, it would be eclipse. The gecko could be het Tremper only if you know for sure that one of the parents was a Tremper albino. If you had the gecko from the time it hatched (or you have info from the breeder) and the gecko was black and white (as opposed to black and yellow) when it hatched, then it is a Mack snow. Otherwise it's not. I have no idea whether or not the gecko is W&Y. It does have high white sides, but I wouldn't be comfortable calling it W&Y unless I knew for sure that the parents were W&Y.
Based only on what I can see, I'd just call it a hypo.

Aliza

ZoltarSpeaks

Aliza, thank you for the help. I know for a fact that she is a mack snow based on when she hatched so Hypo mack snow is for sure, I'm not sure about the tremper eclipse but it's hard to tell the difference sometimes between snake eyes and marble eyes.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Glad you know she's a Mack Snow. To be honest, I don't see either snake eyes or marble eyes in this gecko, but I have only one picture; you have the gecko!

Aliza

Ping2

Hello. Newbie here. I got some leo from my friend and this girl is ovulating. I want to pair her up but don't know the morph. My friend lost the data. Please help me determined the morph. She has dark ruby eyes

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If she has dark ruby eyes, she has the eclipse trait. She is an albino and, based on the tail, is a stripe. The biggest problem is that there are 3 strains of albino which do not create albino when different strains are bred together. It just creates confusion. In my opinion you have 3 choices:
--don't breed this gecko if you can't find the genetic info
--find some way to locate the genetic info
--assume the gecko is a Tremper albino (most likely) and breed it to another Tremper. If you get some albino offspring, you're in luck. If you get no albino offspring, the gecko is not a Tremper, the offspring are het for 2 different albino strains, and no reputable breeder will want to buy them from you. You'll have to decide if it's worth the risk.

If you are breeding please be sure you understand the basics of leopard gecko genetics, and the meaning of basic genetic terms such as: dominant, recessive, co-dominant, het.
Good luck!

Aliza

Books

Hi! Another newbie here. I hope I’m not messing up by just adding to the original forum, but i was wondering if anyone could ID what morphs my two geckos are. I got them from a generic pet store; bad I know. But I couldn’t help myself when I saw the conditions they were being kept in. I’m currently housing them together because I think they’re both female. But just in case I have another tank aside.

Anyway — I’m pretty sure the bottom one is obviously a tangerine. I’m unsure about the darker one though. I was hoping it was a Mack snow, because when i got it, it was more grey. But that ended up being because it hadn’t shed successfully in god knows when. Perhaps a tangerine too? Or something else?

Thank you! 3DE22319-762F-4E99-AD74-ECAF2658314C.jpeg 651DC35A-82CB-4700-9FA6-DEAB52026A1D.jpeg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I would call them both super hypo (no body spots), tangerine (orange color) baldy (no head spots), maybe carrot tail but it's marginal. I think the bottom one is a much better quality tangerine than the top one. I find that poor quality tangerines (talking about the color only, not the quality of the gecko) tend to be a muddy gray orange.

In general, you will do better to start your own thread to get the best shot at responses.

Aliza

Visit our friends