What morph?

MichaelL

Hey everyone! So I breed Leo's, and so far 8 have hatched, all unique and beautiful. But this time, two have hatched that look super cool and rare to me. What will they look like as an adult and what general morph do you think they are? How much are they worth? The parents look like tangerines but that is not their genotype. 75113 Thanks!

indyana

The markings look like Murphy's Patternless, so as adults the spots should fade and they will have a yellowish body with purplish/pinkish heads and tails. That's a recessive trait, so both parents must either display Murphy's Patternless or carry it as a hidden het.

Since you don't know the genotype of the parents, these could be het for anything.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Could you post pictures of the parents. I also thought Murphys patternless first, but since the markings line up so well, it could possibly be reverse stripe

Aliza

MichaelL

Could you post pictures of the parents. I also thought Murphys patternless first, but since the markings line up so well, it could possibly be reverse stripe

Aliza
The two orange ones are the parents and are siblings, breeded for more strong traits in the babies. The two in my hands are the parents of the orange ones, and grandparents to the babies in the post.

Attachments

• IMG_5585.JPG
    IMG_5585.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4276.JPG
    IMG_4276.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 10

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
In the first photo of the parents of the current hatchlings, notice that the one on the right has broken body (and maybe tail) bands. That means it has genes for stripe. Stripe can range from aberrant (broken tail or body bands) to jungle (broken tail and body bands but doesn't look like striping), to stripe (vertical stripes from shoulder to tail on either side), reverse stripe (one stripe or dot trail down the middle of the back), patternless stripe (no stripe or other marks at all). I'd say the current offspring are reverse stripes. I think the chances of these geckos having a murphy patternless gene, while not 0, is pretty low and the reverse stripe trait supports what they and the parents/grandparents look like.

Aliza

MichaelL

In the first photo of the parents of the current hatchlings, notice that the one on the right has broken body (and maybe tail) bands. That means it has genes for stripe. Stripe can range from aberrant (broken tail or body bands) to jungle (broken tail and body bands but doesn't look like striping), to stripe (vertical stripes from shoulder to tail on either side), reverse stripe (one stripe or dot trail down the middle of the back), patternless stripe (no stripe or other marks at all). I'd say the current offspring are reverse stripes. I think the chances of these geckos having a murphy patternless gene, while not 0, is pretty low and the reverse stripe trait supports what they and the parents/grandparents look like.

Aliza
Wow okay, thanks!

XenoQueen27

As mentioned by Indyana, these are Murphy Patternless hatchlings, meaning both parents carry the gene & considering they are siblings there’s a higher chance of proving it out visually. These are NOT stripes, reversed or broken... this is the signature appearance of Murphy Patternless as hatchlings & as they develop the blotchy spotting will fade & they will be completely patternless. Unfortunately since you do not actually know the lineage here & they could still be het for anything else, including incompatible strains, they aren’t worth much other than typical pet pricing... even though they can visually be labeled as Murphy Patternless the rest of their genetics are still unknown & inaccurately labeling them otherwise would be irresponsible and unethical.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Since I have no experience with hatchling Murphy patternless, I'm happy to retract my statement that they are stripes.

Aliza

Visit our friends