What should I get??

Pareeeee

Stargate Fan :D
I am looking for a gecko. I do not want a ground-dweller (such as leopard or fat tail geckos)

I would love one o them cute 'sticky-toed' guys. Now, I've heard and read that some can be bitey. I want to know what types I would be able to handle. I had my heart set on a flying gecko but recently found that they hate being held and try to get away or bite when held.

I don't want something huge, but not something tiny either, something about the size of a Leo.

In other words, I don't want a 'display gecko'. I want one that will let me handle it. I know that no gecko will actually enjoy being held like my Beardie does.

PS: how are gold geckos for temperment? (Gekko auratus)

Last edited:

ang3l3s

chahouas are the most responsive rhac but they are pricey, leos have more character , i find my afghanicus and my raptors to be the calmest, and fatties are calmer but not as exciting to watch in the viv IMO.

Khrysty

I'm gonna second the vote on crested geckos. In my experience, they're super calm and don't mind handling at all. I've NEVER known one to bite. They climb, have a diet that's easy to maintain, and only need heat if your house gets VERY cold. They're pretty much ideal imo

Pareeeee

Stargate Fan :D
thanks alot. do you know off hand what price range crested's run for? (i don't want some morph or special color, just a normal one is great for me!)

Khrysty

In pet stores in the US they usually run around $30--thats about ten dollars more than leopard geckos. Breeders will usually sell unsexed hatchlngs and juvies for a little cheaper

biggiy05

Determination
I'm gonna second the vote on crested geckos. In my experience, they're super calm and don't mind handling at all. I've NEVER known one to bite. They climb, have a diet that's easy to maintain, and only need heat if your house gets VERY cold. They're pretty much ideal imo

You haven't met Isabel then. The second she sees those doors open she's out of the tank and flying around like a kid who had their first pixie stick. She's hyper 24/7.

Of course she can be calm too. When she wants to tease the cat. I vote for a crested. They are easy to take care of, the terrariums can be amazing with live plants and they are full of personality.

Visit our friends