Where do you get your tile/slate?

leolover23

Hey, I'm just wondering:
Where did you buy your tile/slate for your leopard gecko's cage? And about how much is it? I'm thinking about switching :) Oh, and are there any specific cleaning measures I have to take when I first buy it? Or just like soap and water?

musick

I use sand and clay, but I imagine a store like Home Depot would be a great place to look.

Clean w/ H20 and saop, rinse and dry, then sanitize w/ 70% EtOH.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
HOme Depot or Lowes. A few of these places have tile cutters. Otherwise, your choices are to cobble together different sizes to cover the floor (much harder since they stopped carrying the useful 10x3" pieces), fill in with repti-carpet, or buy a hand-used tile cutter (score and crack, as opposed to electric blade) and cut your own. The cutters cost about $25. The tiles, if you shop carefully, are about $2 or less each.

Aliza

OhioGecko

Mod Squad Member
HOme Depot or Lowes. A few of these places have tile cutters. Otherwise, your choices are to cobble together different sizes to cover the floor (much harder since they stopped carrying the useful 10x3" pieces), fill in with repti-carpet, or buy a hand-used tile cutter (score and crack, as opposed to electric blade) and cut your own. The cutters cost about $25. The tiles, if you shop carefully, are about $2 or less each.

Aliza

:main_thumbsup:

bjleemkuil

Aliza

I know at Lowe's when my boyfriend was making his leo's tank they were able to cut down the tiles to the size he needed and he was able to keep the odd ends. =)

Visit our friends