Where does yours poop?

Which side of the tank does your Leo poop.

• Warm

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • Cool

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Between

Votes: 14 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Im-Perfection-xo

Wayward Victorian Girl
Here's a fun story for all of you! Mine decided last night, around 3 in the morning, to climb on top of her moist hide. It's rather tall, so I watched her carefully to make sure she wouldn't hurt herself. I just thought she was being a dare devil. But when I went to clean her tank today, I realized that she's made it her new poop corner. I assumed she was doing it in her warm hide, because I couldn't see any in the tank anywhere. But no. She's decided behind her wet hide is the best place to go. And the only way for her to get back there? You guessed it. Climb the hide. Little stinker.

Taquiq

JK Herp
All of my females except one go on the cool side. The other female on the warm side. My male goes on the warm side.

RagginOut

all 4 of my females, housed together in a 55gallon all go to the back right corner of the tank, which happens to be on the hot side.

Every.
Single.
Piece.
Of.
Poop.

Noahboa1

Avid Leopard Gecko Keeper
Mine don't have a designated spot but they usually go on the cooler side but I have seen a few on the warmer side. I guess mine are just weird...

Eric1969

mine will only go on the small sand area of the tank, I covered it completely and he would not go, that night I took a small portion off of the sand and the next morning, he pooped right on the sand. I think I need to get him a kitty liter box.

Mich

My males each use the same corner every time in their little tanks .. my female tank houses a few leos together and they just let it drop where ever they please LOL

Kay26

Cool side

I have four two of which are housed in their own tanks but they all seem to poop on the cool side. For awhile my one would poop in his hide box, so he was using it as a litter box.

Bonney425

not a junior
mine go wherever i put a folded papertowel...seriously i started putting a papertowel in the corner i noticed they used, then i had my husband clean the tank when i was out of town one time and he put it in the opposite corner i usually do and they went on it. then the next time i put a new papertowl i put it in the middle just to see if they really would use it there and they did with absoulutly no poop in any corners!!! pretty funny

fl_orchidslave

mine will only go on the small sand area of the tank, I covered it completely and he would not go, that night I took a small portion off of the sand and the next morning, he pooped right on the sand. I think I need to get him a kitty liter box.

Silly as it sounds, I was thinking of trying a little sand dish in the poo corner. We use newspaper substrate so there would be a definite difference.

jclee

mine go wherever i put a folded papertowel...seriously i started putting a papertowel in the corner i noticed they used.

Mine are "potty-trained," too. It's pretty easy to potty train most animals that take to going in the same spot, over and over again. It makes tank maintenance so much easier. But they chose the spot, and I just popped in a potty, and the spot they chose was on the cool side.

reptilekeeper

Mine goes on the warm side. It's nice because when you look the warm hide hides some of the poo ( it has 2 uses: make my gecko feel safe and hide some of the poo) :)

strobe

both of mine poop on the warm side in the corner. I found my younger 1 pooping 1 day she was standing on her tail with her legs stabilizing her, that then answered my question of how they get it in the corner atleast

TripleALeos

Most of mine, including the babies, like to poop on top of the warm side hides.. Wish they would use the paper towels, sure is easier cleaning that than the hides... lol

G

grantw

My gecko poops on the warm side. I hate it because thats where his nicest house is. He poops on the side of the house. lol

jermh1

I have them poop everywhere, most poop on the warm side some on the cool, some in the cool hide some in the warm hide some in the moist hide, some on top of the hides and 2 like to poop in there water. I had a shallow dish of sand in one cage (30- breeder), that they all liked to poop in (5 geckos).

Visit our friends