Where does yours poop?

Which side of the tank does your Leo poop.

• Warm

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • Cool

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Between

Votes: 14 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bubba_da_leo

My leo used to do his thing on the cool side, but now it vary's from warm to cool.Right in the front of the tank. I voted between.

Daedric1

I bought one of the Exo-Terra Reptile Dens (medium size below) for my female, thinking she would spend lots of time hiding in it.

reptile_den_use.jpg

But instead, she just goes inside, turns around, backs her butt into the top section of the cave, and poops there!

Frustrates me, but it's too funny to watch to be mad about.

Lady Hyena

Since i have more then one i voted thinking of Komodo. I had to vote warm because his hammacks on the warm side and thats where he poos=-= right on it every time. Doesnt use it for anything but that. the little booger

Knibitz

Pet Owner
in the front corner of the cool side it seems so far!
My girl has only been her for a week now, but except for the first day she was here, she's been using that corner.

Neville

Snow Gecko
I gave my guy an extra shallow dish and put it on the warm side. Its his kitty litter bin. Poops in it all the time :D

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
I gave my guy an extra shallow dish and put it on the warm side. Its his kitty litter bin. Poops in it all the time :D

I did this too (sort of). I had Adam send me some of my gecko's poo wrapped in a paper towel and put it in a "sand box" type thing (like a 4x5x3 inch box wrapped in duct tape and filled with desert sand). He has a really natural tank and didn't want him poo'ing everywhere so I put his poo in the sandbox and now he's using it. I haven't found poo elsewhere. It just so happens his sandbox sits on the roof of his hot hide.

Last edited:

bromide

Awesome
I bought one of the Exo-Terra Reptile Dens (medium size below) for my female, thinking she would spend lots of time hiding in it.

reptile_den_use.jpg

But instead, she just goes inside, turns around, backs her butt into the top section of the cave, and poops there!

Frustrates me, but it's too funny to watch to be mad about.

lol just like me, i bought a net because i wanted him to climb something, but he just started using it as a bathroom.

GeckoGurl

I have 1 Leo and 1 AFT. Their tanks are set up opposite... (Leos warm side on the left and AFT is on the right) They both poop on the warm side a couple inches in front of their hides!

Glass_

Both of mine always choose to poop near each others' poop, but the actual place they poop at changes every time I change the paper towels. The most common spots are the front right corner and the back left corner. It's nice that they both poop in the same spot right next to each others', I wonder why they do this?

Visit our friends