Which size enclosure?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It could be OK for a crested gecko hatchling, which I think is what you're looking for. I do find it to be a little short, since it's only about 4 1/2 inches high. You may be able to turn it on its side so the longer dimension becomes the height.

Aliza

lizzy008

Here's the description in the T-Rex website: https://t-rexproducts.com/collectio...t-rex-reptile-glass-terrarium-12l-x-12w-x-18h
Note that the sides are glass and screen. It's possible that there may be a little difficulty keeping the humidity with the screen sides. Just out of curiosity, is there any reason why you're contemplating spending $110 on an enclosure that you'll be using for less than a year. Whatever you choose is fine, but if it were me, I'd get a cheap juvenile enclosure (even a plastic tub) and spend my money on a really nice adult enclosure that the gecko will be in for many years

Aliza
Hello again, I’ve decided to take your advice and I’m going with the smaller OHEM tank. At what age/size should my Gecko be before upgrading to a larger, permanent enclosure?thanks

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I can't tell you exactly at what size/weight to upgrade. I would imagine that as you see your gecko grow and it seems to be moving all over the enclosure and wanting more space it would be a good time.

Aliza

Visit our friends