White Out Offspring from Zero x White Out Breeding

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
The Zero gene has proved to be quite polymorphic, with some hatching out completely banded. I was expecting all Zeros to have no bands, but thats not always the case. Also from hearing from a couple of different people and from personal experience, very few White Out Zeros come out with the Zero pattern influence. This leads to a problem. How can we effectively label and recognize a White Out Zero? It seems the only way to know for sure is to breed a Super Zero to a White Out. I hope that anybody that has done this cross (White Out x Zero/Super Zero) will share their experience and photos of White Outs (Zero or Not).

Sire: Zero
100_1676.jpg

Dam: Striped White Out
100_1675.jpg

This was this females first breeding season. She laid 8 eggs. 2 duds (first clutch), 6 good eggs. 1 egg went bad during incubation. Results were 4 Striped White Outs and 1 Striped "Normal".

White Out Offspring

I have an idea on which ones might be Zeros, but I am not 100% sure. I think #1 and #2 might be Whit Out Zero's. Please let me know what you guys think.

WO #1
100_1670.jpg

WO #2
100_1671.jpg

WO #3
100_1672.jpg

WO#4
100_1674.jpg

bittner_344

www.theurbanreptile.com
Hey Alejandro, I can see some zero traits in them, especially the WO #1, but i was wondering the same thing also. Its definitley tough to tell if the zero trait is present in a whiteout. Either way awesome geckos!

supperl

G.Man <- ask HJ
I will post mine later, I realy dunno for the Zero stuff, I´m curious about how they work together. Our Zero White out Breeder female has a full body pattern and I wish all would act like that. I dislike this "could be Zero" thing, it makes all so complicated :) why can´t all zeros just have the full pattern hehe :)

But whatever, you babies are awsome :)

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
Thanks Ted!

And Thorsten I look forward to seeing some pictures and hearing about your experiences. Also post some pictures of that WOZ breeder female :) Thanks for the nice words also!

supperl

G.Man <- ask HJ
Okay here we go:

This one I was told is a Zero WHite out
_MG_0970.jpg

This one I was told may be a Zero WHite out
_MG_0968.jpg

And these 2 should be normals
_MG_0972.jpg

_MG_0958.jpg

:)

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
Great looking White Outs... thanks for sharing. I can see why the first one would be a Zero, it has larger/longer bands....I think I need to invest into a new camera lol :main_laugh:

Thanks again Thorsten :main_thumbsup:

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Lots of great animals on here, I really need to start thinking about picking up some white outs, they are just beautiful animals.

supperl

G.Man <- ask HJ
Yup thats right and it looks different. I don´t think number 2 is Zero but Jeffs not sure.
BTW did you ever hatch a normal Zero yet?

Visit our friends