Wondering how long it takes for leopard geckos to grow

ZNature

Back in September I got a a baby Leo. She was 6 months or more. I’ve had her more than half a year so she’s at least and most likely more than a year old. She’s 35g. She’s tiny and I thought that she would be an adult by now. Is this normal? 3BA58E0F-49C5-4783-BA15-E7EAE20B18DC.jpeg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
She does look small but well proportioned. It's below average, but some geckos seem to have a petite body size. As long as she's eating regularly and is active there's nothing much more you can do. Make sure she has a nice variety of gut loaded (i.e. provide high quality powdered grain to the feeders) feeders.

Aliza

ZNature

She does look small but well proportioned. It's below average, but some geckos seem to have a petite body size. As long as she's eating regularly and is active there's nothing much more you can do. Make sure she has a nice variety of gut loaded (i.e. provide high quality powdered grain to the feeders) feeders.

Aliza
It’s been awhile now and she is still around 33 grams so she hasn't grown at all. I think she is stunted from her previous home. When she was a baby she was kept with an adult Leo and that one probably got all the food. Plus they were only fed a bit of mealworms once in a while( none were dusted with supplements).

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If she's active and eating, you just have a small gecko. Obviously not one that's suitable for breeding, but I imagine you know that!

Aliza

Visit our friends