A few questions..

im faster

Should Slow Down
okay.. so im on my second round of hatchlings..

is it okay to keep differnt ages babies together?

there a few weeks maybe a month apart...

and

when would it be okay to move them in with there parents

robin

i only keep siblings together. i do not mix clutches together. no i do not keep different age babies together no matter what the age difference. as far as putting them in with the parents. NO the parents might eat them. prey items are different. many more reason why not to put them in with the parents

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
I agree with Robin. A minor size difference leads to bullying and a major size difference is likely to end in cannibalism.

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
If that is true then you have a problem, there should be a significant size difference between hatchlings that are several weeks apart. My 5 week old babies are up to 15 grams, five times the size of my average new hatchling.

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I start out keeping clutchmates together and then as they grow I mix and match them by size if necessary. Newborns have different needs than even slightly older hatchlings because they're not ready to eat as soon as they're born. As far as keeping newborns and older hatchlings together: I once had my only 2 aptors of the season lose their tails the night they were born because an older baby squeezed through the partition and nipped them.

I agree that a baby several weeks old generally should be bigger than a newborn, though 15 grams at 5 weeks will not be true of all babies. Try to make sure the older one is eating. If it's a lot smalller than its clutchmate it's probably wise to separate them.

Aliza

Visit our friends