Air bubbles in gecko skin

Chimp

I know most of the time this is due to over feeding or over supplementation. I just recently recieved 11 new leapard geckos that where all house in one 20 gallon aquarium. There is what looks to be coconut husk as there substrate, a water bowl and a lay box that they all stayed in together. I know this is no way to house them and immediately separated them for now. I do not know what diseases they may have so they are isolated until I can be sure they are safe. Anyway one of them has air bubbles which I am familiar with however they encompass her entire chest and front legs. There is also bubbles along her sides that are smaller. I think she might be impacted but I am not sure as I just recieved them all yesterday. Any wisdom out there?

Chimp

Images

Attachments

• 20200504_132159.jpg
    20200504_132159.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 10
  • 20200504_132202.jpg
    20200504_132202.jpg
    8.5 MB · Views: 13
  • 20200504_132230.jpg
    20200504_132230.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 20200504_132237.jpg
    20200504_132237.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 14

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
Yikes. Thank you for saving those guys. I'm not sure what those protrusions could be. Maybe tumors? :-/ Doesn't look good. How's his behavior and such?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I don't know that the things that look like air bubbles on her sides are really bubbles. It looks more like loose skin, possibly because of dehydration. I don't worry about the bubbles under the arms. Some of my geckos have them and some don't. I'd recommend getting all the geckos warm and well fed and then see if things change.

Aliza

Chimp

Behavior seems normal. Typically hiding but does come out a rummage around. Its siblings show no signs of the same thing and they where all housed together. I figure if one suffers from an issue than it is possible for the others to show the same issues. I do not think it is tumors. It just looks like what they sometimes get from to much calcium. But they should all shoe it. Does not look like over feeding either. However I just got them so we shall see. I seperated them out and am watching for any signs of anything that could be an issue. So far a few days in they all seem fine. No mites I have seen and no erratic behavior. All are eating well. I may just be a little two cautious atm.

Visit our friends