Alex Hue Reptiles????

J

jmkbama

Is Alex Hue Reptiles a good breeder for leopard geckos? Also is it safe to ship a 2-3 week old hatchling? I've read that most of the breeders on here won't ship until they are 15g or so, not sure how long it takes for one to grow to that weight.

Thanks.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
I don't always agree with Alex's business ethics, and am not sure if he even breeds many of the animals he sells. I guess it's a matter of speculation and opinion, but I will not sell/ship a gecko that is under 10-12 grams... and even that is dependent of how well established it is.

Sunrise Reptile

SunriseReptile.com
Golden Gate Geckos said:
I don't always agree with Alex's business ethics, and am not sure if he even breeds many of the animals he sells.

I'm with you, Marcia. I nearly purchased a boa from him about 2 years ago, and due to some of his business practices, decided against it. At least in the correspondence I had with him, he wasn't very personable either. I decided there and then that he'd never get my business :main_no: , but that's just me.

robin

i know people that have done business with him in the past and based on there very bad experiences i would never buy anything from him

NaughtyDawg

I have purchased many animals from Alex and have never had a problem. All animals arrived safe and very healthy. He gets a 2 thumbs up from me.:main_thumbsup: :main_thumbsup:

Rick DeCarlo

Last edited by a moderator:

KelliH

Reminder

Full names are required on posts in the Business Inquiries and Reports forum. Please update your signatures to include your first and last name, or just sign it after each post.

J

jmkbama

Thanks for the feedback guys. This forum in invaluable for newbies like me.

I purchased an animal from him about a week ago. Correspondence was fast and courteous before and directly after payment. Received animal the next day. Emailed him to let him know that the Animal Arrived ok. No response. I emailed him asking a question about the animal I purchased day after it arrived. I have yet to hear back from him [5 days later]. Animal is doing very well and has settled in nicely.

O

okapi

Ive bought from him twice (tremper blazing blizzard and mack super snow). Im a member on his forums (quit posting there for some personal issues with an EX who wouldnt stop tryin to contact me after screwing me over, nothing against his forums or members). If you join his forums he has a section where you can talk to him and he usually replies. He was also very nice in emails both times I bought from him. And I have friends who talked to him at shows and he talked to them about different projects that he is working on. I know he breds his own leos, and he sometimes sells imported (but healthy) ball pythons. He also has private auctions and contests for his forum members, where he offers animals at really low prices for the starting bid, or gives money, t-shirts, discounts on animals to the contest winners. I give him a: :main_thumbsup:
Daniel smith

D

djinn

I have bought leos from him once through his auctions and it was a very rewarding experience.

I got an adult male Mack Snow breeder and a female Mack hatchling for less than I was looking at getting just a male.

I had actually lost the bid for a similar male and he contacted me to offer the one that I bought. It made my day, and I'm very happy with how they arrived and how they've done since.
I'd order from him again.

Visit our friends