Another sexing thread. This one has everyone stumped.

clutchcargo

This little one has characteristics of both male and female. Femoral pores but light like some females. Bulges but very small. Several pet stores looked and I get 50-50 opinions. I seem to have either a masculine female or an effeminate male! Any help would be greatly appreciated. loki2.jpg

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
The picture is blurry so it's hard to see the pores exactly. Use a magnifying glass or a jeweler's 60x loupe. If the "V" shape has scales that look like pits, it's a female, if the depressions look like holes it's a male.

Aliza

clutchcargo

I've attached a slightly sharper picture. The V shaped part looks like just a pattern of different scales, neither pits nor holes.

clutchcargo

I had my doubts when the breeder at the expo said it was a male, considering how young it was. I went ahead and named her Loki, that explains the dirty looks she gave me when I called her that. OK then, Lokia it is!

clutchcargo

I think so too. It turns out that Loki (Norse God of mischief) can be used for a boy or a girl. I like Lokia better, even though it sounds like a cell phone

Visit our friends