Are we going to do secret santa?

Chewbecca

www.ellaslead.com
I am pretty sure I wouldn't want another gecko at this point, so a funky sticker will do :D

hahahahaha, aw, I'd get you more than a sticker.:D
I meant that I would be willing to get other things like,: food dishes, hides, feeders shipped from within the same country, non-gecko related items, whatever.:main_yes:
It doesn't have to be gecko-related, imo.

GECKO DUDE

Gecko Fool
im more than willing to do it. but i have no geckos to ship to anyone so it would have to be dishes and hides and what not

SassyAbi

I live in the UK and I try would ship internationally too. I hope I can be included I think this is a great idea. I sometimes get abit confused in this forum like when you guys say stuff that is in America and we call it something different over here lool. This is the best forum I have found for geckos so I dont mind :)

Chewbecca

www.ellaslead.com
For those of us that get international people, is there a way to order stuff online in that person's country and have it shipped to them?
That would save on shipping costs, I mean, if the person has, like, a site in their country they prefer to buy from, then the secret santa person can order it from that site and have it shipped to them?

erik

Gecko Newbie
For those of us that get international people, is there a way to order stuff online in that person's country and have it shipped to them?
That would save on shipping costs, I mean, if the person has, like, a site in their country they prefer to buy from, then the secret santa person can order it from that site and have it shipped to them?

I bet you can, I think on eBay for example you can change the shipping address and still have the bill sent to your house. Although some retailers on there don't do that.

SassyAbi

That is actually a good idea lol. I didnt think of that. Because you can add your billing address as your home address and the shipping address as the person receivings address. That would save n shipping costs and would probably work well :)

snowgyre

I'm pretty sure that Amazon.com and a few other companies have distributors in other countries, you just have to google and visit that country's web extension. Payment can get a bit funky though, although if you pay with paypal it'll take care of the currency conversions for you.

I know that for the Easter bunny thing that we tried to pair internationals with internationals to make shipping easier. Maybe we could do the same thing again? Regardless, I don't think it'll be difficult for us in the states to send stuff overseas, just be careful what you send (ie. nothing that will be questioned by customs).

Chewbecca

www.ellaslead.com
Well, in a LOT of places right now it's going to be way toooo cold to ship geckos anyway, so most things should be safe.
I can either order things, have them delivered to me, package and wrap and then mail to other countries, or I can simply shop at online stores that will allow international orders and deliveries.

OR we could pair up people in the same country, like Snowgyre suggested.:main_yes:

I'm personally up for whatever.:D

erik

Gecko Newbie
Well, in a LOT of places right now it's going to be way toooo cold to ship geckos anyway, so most things should be safe.
I can either order things, have them delivered to me, package and wrap and then mail to other countries, or I can simply shop at online stores that will allow international orders and deliveries.

OR we could pair up people in the same country, like Snowgyre suggested.:main_yes:

I'm personally up for whatever.:D

You would miss out on VERY COOL Dutch stuff though :D Imagine a wooden shoe for a gecko shelter :D

Khrysty

I know that for the Easter bunny thing that we tried to pair internationals with internationals to make shipping easier. Maybe we could do the same thing again? Regardless, I don't think it'll be difficult for us in the states to send stuff overseas, just be careful what you send (ie. nothing that will be questioned by customs).

That's what I'd try to do (assuming enough people were interested). I'd also, as someone mentioned keep a list of who got who. Rest assured, if February rolls around and some people still haven't even been contacted by their secret santa, a list of the people who didn't fulfill their end of the deal will be posted. No one should agree to do this unless they're willing to reciprocate! :D

snowgyre

You don't have to send geckos. A few of us do every year (I did last year), but sending geckos when it's cold out is always risky business. Besides, it's a pretty generous gift, I wouldn't worry about going that extreme. Just send what you can and Merry Christmas. ;-)

Chewbecca

www.ellaslead.com
I, personally, do not have any geckos to send at this time, either, and I honestly do not have room for anymore until we build/buy another rack.
And as I said and Snowgyre said, it's really getting too cold to be shipping geckos.

I LOVE giving gifts, too!
And I LOVE shopping online for reptile stuff!

Are you we going to have a monetary limit?

Khrysty

Are you we going to have a monetary limit?

I'm not going to put a cap on it. The recipients will probably make a list of things ranging from like $5 to a couple hundred (incubators come to mind..). It's up to the person sending the gift to decide whether they really want to spend that much money.

Khrysty

If I put the sign up thread up, could one of the mods temporarily make it a sticky? That way we could get as much people as possible involved! :)

Visit our friends