As promised, here are some pictures of Lyra

Khrysty

Here are some pictures and a video of my new puppy. We took her home from the shelter on 12/29/2010. She's a border collie/fox terrier mix and we think she's about 9 months old. Lyra's a little underweight (she's about 23 lbs), but she's full of love and LOTS of energy. We're so excited to have this new addition to our family.

Youtube vid of Lyra playing with my mom's massive wolf hybrid
http://www.youtube.com/v/mD-CsWn67dI?hl=en&fs=1

Lyra exploring our bedroom the day we brought her home
2jd5rvl.jpg

A pretty little pose
2nh2lwm.jpg

Last edited:

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Aw she's a cutie... you can almost see the mischief in those eyes :D

She looks like a Canaan Dog
canaan.jpg

Last edited:

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
she looks like shes gonna need lots of exercise to burn off that energy

A good rule of thumb for exercise since you bring it up (and it is something I do know about) is for every 10.5% of protein a dog eats they need an hours rigerous physical exercise of a half hour serious mental stimulation which as you can see mental stimulation tires them out more as your average dog can range 100 miles a day, rest for 10 minutes then do it again.

BrilliantEraser

Bookworm!
She is a real beauty! I almost see a hint of Corgi about the ears. Funniest dog I ever saw in my work was a Corgi/Lab mix. Full-size head and body of a lab, coupled with Corgi legs.
So which way do you pronounce Lyra? Lie-ruh, or Lee-rah? Also, is the name taken from His Dark Materials, by any chance? Also also, where did your parents get a wolf hybrid?? I thought for sure they were illegal.

Sorry for so many questions.

Visit our friends