Business cards

sunshinegeckofarm

Obsessed with Leos
i want to know where i can find a company that can design cards for me? one that doesnt cost alot of money. i would like to include them in my shipping boxes or if i vend i want to have them out. thanks for any replies

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Check out Staples online business cards (I think its "marktheworld.com"). They have a number of options. I chose the simplest one and got 1000 cards for about $30.

Aliza

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
+1 that one works. My wife likes Zazzle.com for her (she has a bakery) but still is a reptile freak. The cards were not as cheap but the quality and image clarity were really good on them

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
Zazzle has a good return policy. If you dont like it just send it back and they will either fix it or credit you your money back. I cant remember the other business card place, but my wife was 100% satisfied with zazzle. PM me if you want a 10% off coupon for them. (exp Jan 30th though)

ketz

Also, don't forget that getting a good graphic designer will always give you the leg up on the competition in terms of looking more professional. And I'm not just saying that because I happen to be a graphic designer (hint, hint). But yeah another one is VistaPrint, you can get I think 250 for free and only have to pay shipping, the downside is you can't do your own design and have to use a template.

Adinar

Also, don't forget that getting a good graphic designer will always give you the leg up on the competition in terms of looking more professional. And I'm not just saying that because I happen to be a graphic designer (hint, hint). But yeah another one is VistaPrint, you can get I think 250 for free and only have to pay shipping, the downside is you can't do your own design and have to use a template.

I used Vistaprint when we were doing our wedding announcements in '08. You can upload your graphics, drag and drop, all that fun stuff (unless if they changed it since then, then again we also used postcards rather than business cards).

Easy to use if you know your way around the adobe programs and such (I'm also a graphic designer too on the side). Took me 15 min to get our announcements set up and got 250 for free. Sweet deal. I was 100% happy with the results.

ketz

I think the business cards are only free if you use their templates. You can choose to use your own graphics but it's not free then. I'm not sure if it's different for the postcards or not.

MichaelJ

CelebrityGeckos.Com
I agree about getting a graphic designer... if you really want to stand out and have a professional look, it makes a big difference. I have a buddy who designed our logo, business cards, and banner ad for free (whew)! It's good to have friends! LOL!

StopperExotics

Honestly, as I'm a graphic designer, I'd really and seriously suggest getting one. I for one, refuse to deal with people that don't take the time to have something designed professionally for them. By this I mean that if I go to a website that isn't designed well, I generally leave, etc. It really speaks to the quality and time you've taken to build yourself up. Even if you aren't going to do it now, when you're first starting, considering that sort of thing in the future is really a good idea. Just my 2 cents.

goReptiles

try to design something yourself and uploading the design to vistaprint or something. My dad designs websites, and he designed business cards for me. The first set made the font really small when they printed the cards, so they fixed it for free. I have two boxes, but one is teeny font.

I like adding them to the boxes, but I forget most of the time bc they're in my desk and the boxes are in the reptile room.

corporate business cards are ok when they all look the same - employee to employee. but to make yourself stand out definitely try to design something different or have someone do it for you.

sunshinegeckofarm

Obsessed with Leos
yeah i would like someone to design a logo for me but right now im tight on money. i think im going to try to draw something my self i can draw a lil lol i used to draw and print better just haven't done it in years since i have idea in my head of a simple logo that would look nice. i just don't know how to get a picture of geckos to look good as a background for a business card. i take the picture just i am not great at editing it to make it look better with like shadows and cleaning up the background and color balance and what not.

goReptiles

Try using photoshop or paint. Photoshop is much better, but if you don't have the program, it can be expensive. I'm not sure how much it is, but if you know someone with it, try to borrow their disks to download it. You can do a lot and you'll be able to get the images of the geckos and animals on there without it looking like a bad cut and paste job.

sunshinegeckofarm

Obsessed with Leos
yeah i used to have photoshop i have gimp right now i dont really like it since i dont know how to work it like i do photoshop. im going to get good pictures of the geckos and work with them on photoshop and i found my logo that a member on here made for me thank you snakegirl. so once i have the money to buy the cards i will design them and get them which will be a in a couple of weeks. also im getting my light tent in a couple of weeks so i can hopefully get better photos.

Visit our friends