Christy and chewy(becca) LOL

robin

what cameras do you use and what lenses do you use? i have a canon 350d with an 18-55 (pos) lens

Srt14292

Est; 1992
I just use my phone, Sony erricson c905, 8.1 megapixel camera, nothing fancy but has macro and flash so im good with it.

Chewbecca

www.ellaslead.com
I use a Nikon D300 and my 60mm f2.8 macro AF-S lens, and my SB600 external flash with a soft box attached to it.
This is my set up for ALL of my gecko shots.:main_yes:

I believe Kristi's is similar to mine except that she uses an SB400 flash unit (which I use mine sometimes if my hands are sore from holding my camera with the SB600 attached).

I know she uses the same camera as me. When she came over to get her gecko from me, we snapped some shots.
I envied how new her camera looked compared to mine.
And I helped her with some of the settings on her camera because, whoever owned it before her, jacked up the settings some how.

Is the canon 350d a DSLR? Or is it one of those that is close to a DSLR, except you cannot switch lenses on it?
Ok, I just looked it up, it's a DSLR. See? This is why I shoot Nikon, Canon confuses the crap out of me with all their cameras!
I cannot keep track of the different names of them!:main_laugh:

You should get Canon's 60mm f2.8 macro lens, and get an external flash for yours.
If you don't have these things already.:D

robin

i ONLY have a 18-55 lens LOL (came with it)

by the way i hate you because of your setup and lens :p and ima have to save my pennies for canon glass D:

Chewbecca

www.ellaslead.com
BUT the good news is, though, Canon glasses is less expensive than Nikon glass.
I don't know WHY Nikon feels it necessary to jack up the prices of their glass.

I got a fisheye lens last year for Christmas. I decided to sell it to get my macro lens because I shoot more macro things than...fisheye things.

When I got it, it was sold for $450.
I sold it not even a year later, and it was being sold, brand new, for OVER $700.
I was able to sell mine used for $100 than what was paid for it.

robin

oh man more than a micro i would dig a fish eye! oh oh and a srs bsns telephoto and i want a lens baby :D. i love taking photos of my animals but i love taking photos of people (sneaky like but not pervy), like street photography and photo journalism

Chewbecca

www.ellaslead.com
oh man more than a micro i would dig a fish eye! oh oh and a srs bsns telephoto and i want a lens baby :D. i love taking photos of my animals but i love taking photos of people (sneaky like but not pervy), like street photography and photo journalism

I LOVE street photography, too!!
In fact, I'd do just that type if I had the nerve.
But I got chased once by what I think was a crack head.
Oh, she got VERY angry with me for snapping her picture, and she chased my car. I was kind of scared.

I'll have to post some of the things I've taken pics of.

robin

dude, it's free to join. you get some adds but nothing big. it's MUCH better than flckr too. i have been there going on 4 years. i am a senior member there >_>
it has an uber cool community! you get some kid newbs but all sorts of art! awesome stuff and some crap :yes:

i am cheaper. i win subs (through contests) so i don't have to buy em LOL or people gift them to me :D

leoman777

I use a Nikon D300 and my 60mm f2.8 macro AF-S lens, and my SB600 external flash with a soft box attached to it.
This is my set up for ALL of my gecko shots.:main_yes:

I believe Kristi's is similar to mine except that she uses an SB400 flash unit (which I use mine sometimes if my hands are sore from holding my camera with the SB600 attached).

I know she uses the same camera as me. When she came over to get her gecko from me, we snapped some shots.
I envied how new her camera looked compared to mine.
And I helped her with some of the settings on her camera because, whoever owned it before her, jacked up the settings some how.

Is the canon 350d a DSLR? Or is it one of those that is close to a DSLR, except you cannot switch lenses on it?
Ok, I just looked it up, it's a DSLR. See? This is why I shoot Nikon, Canon confuses the crap out of me with all their cameras!
I cannot keep track of the different names of them!:main_laugh:

You should get Canon's 60mm f2.8 macro lens, and get an external flash for yours.
If you don't have these things already.:D

ooooo i want D300 so bad! right now i have a canon rebel which is OK but i really like the nikon cameras

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I have the same camera as Rebecca. I already had the lens from my last camera (Nikon D2H). I wish I had more, but they'll have to wait. Digital is still weird for me. I used to work developing 35mm pics and I sold cameras. My absolute favorite cameras were the Nikon N90s and the Nikon F5. I still miss those cameras! They took the best pics. I'm trying to teach myself Photoshop. Once I'm better with it, I'm sure I'll like the digital stuff more. I do hate digital paper though.:( I used to use photo oils to paint black and white pics, but it won't work on digital prints. I was only able to use it on hand developed photos. I loved doing it and now all my paints are just sitting here.:(

robin

I have the same camera as Rebecca. I already had the lens from my last camera (Nikon D2H). I wish I had more, but they'll have to wait. Digital is still weird for me. I used to work developing 35mm pics and I sold cameras. My absolute favorite cameras were the Nikon N90s and the Nikon F5. I still miss those cameras! They took the best pics. I'm trying to teach myself Photoshop. Once I'm better with it, I'm sure I'll like the digital stuff more. I do hate digital paper though.:( I used to use photo oils to paint black and white pics, but it won't work on digital prints. I was only able to use it on hand developed photos. I loved doing it and now all my paints are just sitting here.:(

i learned on a digital so for me its not so bad but i can only imagine going from film to digital. i do love film photos!

leoman777

i have 3 flm cameeras with all sorts of lenses! first is a canon rebel (my dads friend gave it to me so now i have digital and film version) the lense i have on it right now is 35-80. Second is a nikon FG-20 with an 80-200 lense on it right now. Last but not least is a pentax K1000 with an 85-205 lense on it right now :D and i have a lot more lenses lol.

Visit our friends