Do geckos like being held?

STUTFL

I'm typing with one hand now, as the other is pressed up against my gecko so he doesn't fall off my shirt! :laugh: He's just chillin' out, listening to the noisy neighbors & the keyboard.

StopperExotics

I'd have to say that quite a few of mine actually quite enjoy being out and about and chilling with me. Here's some picture proof that our little Cinder likes to be out and cuddle in my hand. ;)

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
They don't like it they can go back to their tank because I never hold them still; I let them walk on my palm and my lap. There are so many times when I tried to put them back they do sharp U-turns and get back on my hand right away.

STUTFL

They enjoy being wedged in a small, dark space (mine prefers his smallest hide that he just barely fits in), and they enjoy warmth, so they do tend to snuggle up against you, especially if it's bright out:
Lilbuddy-1.jpg

Vegas_Eric

I have some that are really mellow and will just hang out on my hand just as long as I will let them sit there and soak up the heat, while others want to part of it.

Maybe temperament is the next thing we can breed into our gecko's... Hmmm

enigmaslim

my oldest Dee-Dee seems to like it, the other young ones are skittish. I picked Dee-Dee up to day and she bit me then looked at me and licked me, maybe cause I just caught a few jailbreak crickets, but I put my finger in front of her to see if she was just pissed off and she was cool

Visit our friends