Eggs upside Down

Destinationwild

I happened to be out of town when I had a few eggs laid, it looks as though they may have been dug up by another fertile femal, and it could have been 2 days since they were moved from their original position they were laid in. Heres my question do I mark the tops they way I found them or do I candle and see if theirs a way to determine if the embryo is adhering to the bottom of the egg.
Am I correct in assuming that the embryo always sticks to the bottom of the egg.

robin

i would mark them as you found them and yes the embryo lays at the bottom of the egg.

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
i would mark them as you found them and yes the embryo lays at the bottom of the egg.

Agreed!

...also for the reason that you do not know exactly when the other gecko churned then up... if it was an hour before you got home, then yes, they may be drowned, but do not throw them away yet... there is always a chance... however, if the other gecko turned em only 20 minutes after they were laid, then they would be just fine and the embryo would adhere to where the egg is now... You never know!

Good luck with it either way! :main_thumbsup:

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
I agree with robin on marking the eggs. I mark mine with clutch info so as I get more eggs I am aware of not only which way up but what to be expecting from that egg. With that being said I don't believe the embryo sets that fast, which would mean the embryo would not drowned.

Visit our friends