Ever cought your gecko in mid-air?

Sandyballs

Usually when I handle my gecko It's on my hand but sometimes I let it roam around, supervised of coarse!.....

So I placed it on the Livingroom table that's about 2 1/2 feet tall, It was just looking around but then out of the blue it sprinted and jumped of but I cought it in mid air!:cool4:........

This also happened in the outside table which is like 4ft.tall and ground is concrete!(cought it again in midair)....WOW! Is she suicidal:main_huh:

M

Magis

I caught one in midair once. Had just gotten a SHTCTB and was playing with her bit to soon. She took a leep out of my hand and caught her with the other one almost like it was planned. Gets the heart pounding thats for sure.

maximusx6910

YES. he is a jumper. He realized the bed was soft and he could jump on it. So it happened again when i got him. haha. the infamous "leap of faith"

Allee Toler

My dwarf leo Gi thinks she's superwoman. She'll be sitting on my head, then leap across the couch to the other side. Not incommon with her. I'll be walking to the bedroom and she'll see a shelf she wants to go on and jump 3 feet off me onto the shelf. Then look at me like "Ah ha! I did it myself, mommy!".

I've never caught a leo... I'm too clumsy and with poor hand eye coordination. Haha. All of the "suicide" attempts have been on carpet or on the bed, or a very short 1" fall.

OneFootedAce

My dwarf leo Gi thinks she's superwoman. She'll be sitting on my head, then leap across the couch to the other side. Not incommon with her. I'll be walking to the bedroom and she'll see a shelf she wants to go on and jump 3 feet off me onto the shelf. Then look at me like "Ah ha! I did it myself, mommy!".

LMAO! thats hilarious!

None of my leos are too jumpy. so luckily ive never had to catch any of my leos

STUTFL

I have a "grab anything that gets to the edge of the bed/table/shoulder" reflex from having hamsters, who are suicidal *and* have terrible vision.
I don't know if I've ever caught my leo in midair, but I've grabbed him many times when he was almost there. :sweatdrop: He needs to learn about a little something called "depth perception." :tongue3:
Also, a little something called "the fact that leos are not blessed with magnetism, sticky feet, or the power of flight."

shadowdragon619

Finds me a dragon!
my leo loves to jump. i think she thinks she can fly. but i've caught her before mid air many times, thank goodness. geez, i have a heart attack everything she decides to jump!

MellowMan24

i have never lifted mine out of the tank because i know shes a daredevil. once i seen her jump almost a foot off a platform in my tank (i have a 20 tall as a temporary tank till i get their bigger one made) for a cricket that was long gone by the time she landed.

Dead Dreamer

Yeah, I was in the process of getting her meal worms in her dish in my kitchen. My cat was under my feet, my leo on my shoulder. All of a sudden she leaped off, and I caught her in mid-air. I feel that we are very lucky. My cat, Buster is a skillful, fast hunter.

Visit our friends