Finder's fee paid for the right male

Designer Geckos

Contributor
As posted in the "Show..." section, we will pay any board member who finds us the right male for our breeding project with our newly acquired lav reverse stripe snow eclipse girl attached. If we decide on the male you find, we will pay you $50 to show our appreciation. Paul Allen has a few we are considering now, but we want to compare them to others out there.

Please PM me your ideas. We are looking for an awesome male, perhaps Gem Snow background, reverse stripe eclipse, lav, rev striped lav, etc. The male must be something really special, and preferably with subdued coloring and minimal markings......but we are open to ideas. We want to get something that will allow the female's visible traits to come through in the offspring.....might be easier said than done, but we are trying.

Thanks all for your attention and any help you can provide in this exciting new project. We hope to provide some really outstanding and unique Starlight babies to the leo community next year.

attachment.php

Last edited:

Chewbecca

www.ellaslead.com
Unfortunately, I am of NO help what-so-ever to find a male for her, but I have to comment on her again because she's absolutely STUNNING.

I wish you much luck finding the perfect male for her.
He's going to be special.

She is just so stunning!

Hey, can you put me on the list for babies from her?

Designer Geckos

Contributor
Still looking. Thanks for your PMs.

Sounds like the ideal male we are looking for might be a non-snow.....a bold reverse stripe eclipse male... (preferably a bold lav reverse stripe).

Please keep looking. Somewhere in the universe there has to be just the right boy!

Chewbecca

www.ellaslead.com
This may be a silly question (and I still need to email you, I got busy yesterday), but do you know what she is het for?
I'm not a genetics buff, but it's something you'll want to know before you find a male for her.:main_yes:

robin

have you contacted jmg? since they are working with a lavender stripe line, that would be in my opinion, the first place to start.

Chewbecca

www.ellaslead.com
have you contacted jmg? since they are working with a lavender stripe line, that would be in my opinion, the first place to start.

JMG has AWESOME geckos, too.
I was thinking why not contact the breeder you got her from?
If they have her, what are the chances they might have a good male for her?
Inbreeding these guys is ok for a few generations, in case you might be worried about that.:main_yes:

Designer Geckos

Contributor
cant go wrong with Pauls stuff! Jmg, and Steve both could very well have some nice lav striped things!

Hi Chris...Jenn actually told me to ask you about this.
It sounds like if we use a Gem Snow background male with this Mac Snow background female, we would still get 25% super snows. While I myself like super snows, I don't see that as a huge problem. But I guess the question is, don't we want to try to get 100% of the offspring as close to this female as possible?

So far (and I'm waiting for Ron to chime in yet), it sounds like our best choice for the male would be a nice reverse stripe eclipse (non snow), with as bold a stripe as possible, preferably a lav stripe. Don't know that there's even one out there!
If there is I haven't found it yet.

We could get wild with this and try to create something special, like use a nice male raptor, etc.

But I think that the breeders out there and astute leo folks, would prefer that we use a male that will preserve her traits as much as possible. The great thing about this beautiful girl, is she is one in a million. The bad thing about her is...she is one in a million! Finding the right male ain't gonna be easy.

Suggestions welcome......

Thanks all, for allowing me board time to go on and on about this topic. She is just too unique though for me not to be extra concerned that I find just the right boy. Do I sound like a typical father?! :main_robin:

Designer Geckos

Contributor
if go with the raptor you could use a reverse stripe raptor.....

There are some really cool raptors out there! Imagine a leo with one black and one red eye??? There are a lot of possibilities with that female, but we need to go for genetic integrity because of her uniqueness.

A lav reverse stripe eclipse....with minimal markings. Let her markings do the talking. Seems like the best choice at this point.

paulnj

If the lav stripe part is what you are after, you will need a geneticly proven trait like JMG's lav stripes. That animal appears to have lav from the mack and eclipse genetics.

Designer Geckos

Contributor
If the lav stripe part is what you are after, you will need a geneticly proven trait like JMG's lav stripes. That animal appears to have lav from the mack and eclipse genetics.

Thanks Paul. Yes, I've been in touch with Jeff, and he does have one male he thinks I should look at. I don't see any others on his site that fit other than a few snows. He's checking on this though. An eclipse with a lav rs is going to be hard to find.

Visit our friends