Got my L.g today

Lala

hey guys :)

i got my gecko today, a little baby girl and she is beautiful :)

i have my tank all set up however the temp is 28.5 degrees celcius and i have been told it needs to be 30-32. i have the digital thermometer right at the top of the tank by the lights however it doesnt seem to be warm enough! any ideas as to what i should do? she keeps climbing up to the top of the tank to get closer to the lights (i got 2 25W sun glo lamps that came in the canopy)

any help would be great please :D

Lauren

Lala

hey!

nope i dont have a UTH, i was told the lighting should be enough :/ i guess you would advise a UTH? I thought maybe she is just climbing up because she is still nervous and is not used to her new surroundings, as she was kept with other females and is now by herself, would that be a reason for her being pretty active in the day? she has actually climbed into a tiny little space between the canopy and the backdrop :/ maybe she is just exploring? :)

Lauren

RampantReptiles

They like to be in dark, small, warm places so that could be like a hide to her.

Do you have heat lamps or is it like one long strip that is divided into two lights?
If it is the strip then that is not going to work to heat the tank, you would need stronger incandescent bulbs, like a 50w on the hot side to heat the tank and those lights cant support that.

I would recommend an Under tank heater(UTH), and just use the light as lighting not a heat source. Also can opt for red bulbs instead of white so that it doesnt hurt her eyes as much.

Lala

yea its 2 bulbs :/ so a UTH is needed then?! would she be ok for the night as my supplier closes at 5pm here and its now 4.40?? :/

Lala

btw, got the instruction booklet out :) lol

The tank i have is exo terra, and the lights are either compact flourescent or incandescent light bulbs that can be fitted, max of 26W.

Riyo

Pet Human

Khrysty

You'll also want your digital thermometer's probe to be on the substrate so you get the temperature your gecko is feeling

And congratulations on your new gecko!

Visit our friends