Granite Fatty

Schaefinator

....can anybody please post pics of their granite fatties? i have what i believe is one but i wanna compare pics....ill post pics of mine later tonight

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
i may or may not get attacked here. But most granites if not all "granites" ive seen look like normals. To me a granite is an expensive normal...here is a picture of my normal female (she is an adult, she wont grow anymore than that..dwarf maybe? lol)

101_1095.jpg

..anyways..to me she has all the characteristics of a granite..if some one has a picture of a "true granite" please show us :)
Until i see a granite that i can say WOW! then its the day i will purchase one. The project is still young and there is still alot of time to continue line breeding...but until then "granites" are just expensive normals to me :)

HepCatMoe

Escaped A.I.
i agree most granites are just expensive normals. up until a couple months ago, you could get granites all over the place for the same price as a normal. then jmg noticed that some normals had spots and starting calling their spotted normals granites, and now they are outrageously priced.

some of the high spotted granites do look very cool, and are probably the result of some line breeding and might be worth a little more money. but there is no reason to pay hundreds of dollars for them when they can still be bought for $60 from many breeders.

Last edited:

Lecko my Gecko

Ive got to stick my 2cents in here LOL I agree that the granite is a normal type fattail, but through selective breeding you can inhance the traits just like we have with the tangerine normals. in the last few yrs a few of us have been working on granites. and they keep getting better. here are a couple of examples and last is a group of tangerine normals so you can see there is a difference. hope you enjoy them

HepCatMoe

Escaped A.I.
well, there definitely are striking examples of line bred granites and tangerines out their.

i do not mean to take away from somebodys hard work and patience.

paulnj

I have seen plenty of JMG granites and ALL look like the ones linked... including mine I posted a few months back.

OhioGecko

Mod Squad Member
Ive got to stick my 2cents in here LOL I agree that the granite is a normal type fattail, but through selective breeding you can inhance the traits just like we have with the tangerine normals. in the last few yrs a few of us have been working on granites. and they keep getting better. here are a couple of examples and last is a group of tangerine normals so you can see there is a difference. hope you enjoy them

Very well put Nick :main_yes:

I have seen plenty of JMG granites and ALL look like the ones linked... including mine I posted a few months back.

Me too.

Here is a couple I took pics of at JMG last week.
View attachment 29898

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
those are very nice granites! and this is what i meant by "wow"..lol..here in south florida there was a breeder that had "granites and 'CALICOS'? "..THEY LOOKED NOTHING LIKE THOSE, like i said the project is still young and has time to develop..but the second JMG releases some granites like those..IM ALL OVER THEM :)..maybe its time to give Jeff a call about some granites?..lol

Lecko my Gecko

those are very nice granites! and this is what i meant by "wow"..lol..here in south florida there was a breeder that had "granites and 'CALICOS'? "..THEY LOOKED NOTHING LIKE THOSE, like i said the project is still young and has time to develop..but the second JMG releases some granites like those..IM ALL OVER THEM :)..maybe its time to give Jeff a call about some granites?..lol

the gecko in the center I posted is a calico from europe.

paulnj

JMG has been releasing granites like that at shows for awhile, so they are definately releasing them via email, phone call or wed sales.

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
JMG has been releasing granites like that at shows for awhile, so they are definately releasing them via email, phone call or wed sales.

i rarely go to shows..actually my first show was Daytona '09..and i think the only good examples of granites available on JMGs webpage are sold..but i think ill be getting a group soon..i have been convinced :)

paulnj

Well daytona 09 I got a granite white out sib and they had plenty of granites and granite whiteouts. Email Jeff Jr for availability ;)

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
I def. will be emailing jeff and looking for some granites in the future :) Im just going to wait out January..i dont know about anybody else..but im kinda low on cash right around this time of year lol..and i still need to feed animals and think about all the supplies im going to need for my new facility and upcoming babies :)..but i will be getting some granites to work with :)..Thanks to everyone that posted pictures and comments. Thanks for reading.

Best Regards and Happy Holidays,
Alex

Visit our friends