Hatchling wont eat

Tommy13b

Heya guys, i recently hatched another gecko on the 22 and its still pretty small. it weighs 2grams and hasent eaten yet. How long do your guyses hatchlings go before eating?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have had them go a week or more without eating. What are you feeding it? If you're feeding crickets, the crickets may be moving too fast for it. One thing to try, is to hold it gently and take a small mealworm and press it against its mouth. At that age they are very quick to bite and it's likely the gecko will bite the mealworm and then eat it. That may be all it takes to give it an idea of what eating is all about. Every now and then a hatchling just won't eat and doesn't thrive. Sometimes I think it's because it has intermal problems that we don't know about. Otherwise, some hatchlings need a little coaxing or more time.

Aliza

adam&nikki

i use mal worms and 1/4 size crickets to feed mine and they do fine i have 2 that are eating 1/2 to 3/4 inch crickets already and they hatched out on april 11th i place a meal worm dish in all the time and feed them crickets every other day

Tommy13b

I still havent witnessed him eat yet but somehow he gained a gram so he may just be a shy eater.

Visit our friends