HELP!!! If possible. (dull-looking, black feet)

Camile

We are pretty new at this lizard deal, even though we are up to 5 lizards now, crested, gargoyle, leopard gecko, blue tongue skink and a bearded dragon. So yeah we kinda have our hands full.
Our Leopard Gecko is dull looking and her feet on the left side are almost black, they are a dark grey, the right side isn’t quite as dark. Her tail isn’t quite as fat either now, due to her not eating. We are planning on taking her to the vet on Tuesday. My wife works a 24 hour shift Monday at noon to Tuesday at noon so Tuesday afternoon it is.
This started about a week ago.
She’s not a year old yet.
She seems to be pretty active when we have her out. Just doesn’t look well…
Or is this something simple that we are missing?
We just revamped her terrarium a bit.
I’m thinking that it is on the small side, so once we get our Bearded Dragon moved to his new enclosure above our Blue Tongue skink. We’ll move her into his 36x18.
Her basking spot is about 95 degrees it’s about lower 80s. Humidity is about 30-40 percent.
I can post a picture later if needed as I know how helpful they are. Just not home now.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It would be helpful to see a picture. Where did you get her from and how long have you had her? What are you feeding her? Are you supplementing her with anything?
How long has she not been eating?
Answers to those questions will be helpful.

Aliza

Camile

Thanks Aliza, we got her probably back in august of last year. From our local pet shop shop exotic pets. We have been feeding meal worms, occasionally Dubia roaches as well as super worms.
We are giving calcium with D3
Just started Herptivite right after all this started

Attachments

• C5D0390E-D0B3-4A61-BAAF-D44EE2A56046.jpeg
    C5D0390E-D0B3-4A61-BAAF-D44EE2A56046.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Is the picture you sent a recent one? She looks pretty good in that one. It sounds as if the basic husbandry is good. Let us know how the vet visit goes. Ask the vet to look and see if she's ovulating (which can lead to loss of appetite and behavior change). If she is ovulating, have the vet show you what to look for.

Aliza

Camile

Will do
And yes that picture was from this morning
Just seems like she’s been more lethargic here in the past week

Camile

Didn’t stop to think that they might not be able to get us in today. So had to go with tomorrow 4:30…& not with our first choice of clinics..

Camile

Well the Vet visit was very helpful.
The vet was very knowledgeable and good with Camile he was very thorough with his exam.
No telling for sure if she’s ovulating or not without xrays or a sonogram. So we just opted to watch her and give some pain meds critical care supplement to hopefully stimulate her appetite.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
You can't see ovulation if it's just begun, but if you look at her belly, you will see two small pinkish ovals mid-abdomen about the size of pencil erasers. If you google an image for "leopard gecko ovulating" you'll see what I mean.

Aliza

Camile

I think that I’m seeing pink spots emerging on her belly.
So I’d say that we have figured out that it is ovulation she is going through!
The critical care food must have sparked her hunger to, cause she is back to eating meal worms again.
I’m so thankful that she got through her first ovulation. We thought there for a bit she was dying on us.

Visit our friends