I'm at a standstill...

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
So i've got this little oddball guy, and not sure what to breed him with...

It's a Giant het Tremper Albino...

The fact that he is het for tremper and not homozygous for albino i think kinda just sets me back a little... Anyone wanna help me out with any ideas or suggestions??? They would be greatly appreciated!

Lets put it this way, if it were in YOUR hands and YOUR gecko, what would YOU breed him with..? (Something that mite yield different 1st generation offspring... and not something that would then create a het, and just have to breed those in another year to get something homozygous...?)

Last edited:

robin

i would say something along the lines of a giant albino female or something similar, go for giants :D

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
...I was thinkin of breeding it to something somewhere along the lines of a Giant Enigma (altho haven't seen much of them, so don't know where i'd get one... lol)... Atleast that way, i can put some color into it. I just didn't want to say that at first, so people's suggestions weren't swayed. But yes, i'm deff. gonna stay Giants with this guy...

cassadaga

Oregon Rainwater
If he were mine I would breed him to an animal with no albino genes at all. Then test breed the giant young to figure out which ones weren't het Tremper. Then with your non het Giants, you can make anything giant.

robin

i havent seen any giant enigmas before but what about breeding him to a nice enigma. i mean you wont get supers but you should still get some giants yes (or possible giants)

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
I'd breed him to an albino giant AND an albino enigma. You would possibly get F1 Super Giant Albinos, which could be crossed with any giant albino enigmas you got from the 2nd pairing to give you Super Giant Tremper Enigmas.

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
I'd breed him to an albino giant AND an albino enigma. You would possibly get F1 Super Giant Albinos, which could be crossed with any giant albino enigmas you got from the 2nd pairing to give you Super Giant Tremper Enigmas.

Nice.

This may sound like a plan.

:D

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
If he were mine I would breed him to an animal with no albino genes at all. Then test breed the giant young to figure out which ones weren't het Tremper. Then with your non het Giants, you can make anything giant.

This mite also be somethin for me to look into... but ugh, thats at the least a few years down the road... I wonder what kind of morph has never had a Super Giant form...? lol

Visit our friends