Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes- He might have MBD

• Yes- Might have Other disease

• Total voters

helfrichj

Hello Everyone,

I am posting today to see if I can get some help/ opinions on if my leopard gecko, Chauncey, is starting to develop MBD. I will attach pictures and videos so you guys can make a decsion. I can't really tell but it kind of looks like his front legs are "bowing" which is typical with MBD, but I can not tell exactly. He still has a ravishing appetite and is very alert and attentive. He also can still climb and push himself up with his front legs very well. The main reason I worry is just because of the slight bow, and appears to have a very small tremor of the neck at times(also could be him just looking over really quickly). I mainly feed him meal worms and crickets and be sure to dust them with vitamin powder once a week and calcium(with D3 included) the rest of the feedings. I feed 6-8 worms every other day. I plan on switching his diet to crickets and dubai roaches because I read there is more calcium in these bugs. I feel like a lot of people are going to tell me if I am concerned to take him to the vet, but I would rather avoid that if possible. From the pictures/video. Does anyone think he has MBD? something else? or me just being paranoid? Thanks!

IMG_2132.JPG IMG_2129.JPG IMG_2132.JPG

helfrichj

By the way, his stuck shed is because I took the pictures before I removed it. Can someone please help?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
He looks OK to me. If you're supplementing regularly then there shouldn't be a problem unless he has some kind of physiological inability to digest the supplements, but then he wouldn't have reached this age looking so good. He may just have a bit of fat (not a bad thing) on his legs so they don't look as sharply angled as skinnier legs.

Aliza

EricCartman

He looks fine to me, just be sure to give him the proper amount of vitamins. You can also leave a small dish filled with calcium supplement (no D3 or anything else, just calcium, or he can get too much D3) in his tank in addition to the supplement you are using (continue dusting with D3/calcium, just don't put it in the dish). Be sure you aren't giving him too much phosphorus because that can contribute to weak bones as well (it is still important that he gets enough of it). If you are doing all of that, he should be fine :) If he can push himself up well, you shouldn't worry.

Elisha9

Looks ok to me.
though I do hope that’s not his home? Please tell me he has a lovely bio viv...

helfrichj

Looks ok to me.
though I do hope that’s not his home? Please tell me he has a lovely bio viv...
This is his temporary set up. I am eventually going to move his substrate from paper towels to tile and I have some nice looking logs and a homemade rock humidity hide with moss. For now, the setup I have now is adequete but I agree could use some work. Any suggestions on what I should add?

Elisha9

Looks ok to me.
though I do hope that’s not his home? Please tell me he has a lovely bio
This is his temporary set up. I am eventually going to move his substrate from paper towels to tile and I have some nice looking logs and a homemade rock humidity hide with moss. For now, the setup I have now is adequete but I agree could use some work. Any suggestions on what I should add?
id do a full bioactive viv for him. So much nicer for him too and they look lovely :)

Visit our friends