Lost one of my geckos!

Gecko_Jay09

Addicted to reptiles!
feeling a bit down at the mo because one of my geckos (Disco) has done a runner:(! have no idea where he has gotten to but im 95% certain he is no longer in my room as I have searched the place fro top to bottom! any ideas!? iv left a hide out on the floor for him hoping he will recognise it as a safe place but my main concern....is if the dogs finds him first!!:(

gitrdone0420

Gotta catch 'em all!
Oh no! I know there are several people on here who have gone through similar situations, so hopefully they can give some suggestions. I really hope you find him. Good luck and keep us posted

GrimmyX15

Mkay-um?
Did you try to close they door so gecko dont go out , God fobids that dog will not eat this gecko!

I almost lost my gecko :(

Gecko_Jay09

Addicted to reptiles!
Did you try to close they door so gecko dont go out , God fobids that dog will not eat this gecko!

I almost lost my gecko :(

Well when i realised he was missing i did yeah but the thing is im not sure exactly when he ran off...
if it was a night then the door was closed, if in the day then it was open for a bit until a noticed he was missing!
door is not closed at this time so i can listen out for movement but iv go a little "gecko-proof" barrier so he cant get out if he is still in my room!
the dog is shut away downstairs at night so i dont have that to worry about her for now!

ReptarNDukeNukem

Gecko Newbie
Well I know some dirty ways to track him.Do you have hard wood flooring in your room or carpeting?If hard wood flooring you can put a light layer of something they when he/she moves it will leave a track of steps and you can hopefully find him/her

roger

Mine went missing for 8 months.My wife saw him in a closet very thin and gray.He was still alive.He was a tangerine.Put a heat pad in the middle of the floor and turn your house temp down.He will try to find the heat.Lok in all the warm places.eg:fridge compressor,computers

JordanAng420

Also, you can leave some mealies out for him near the warm spot...I think someone posted a thread about finding missing geckos, lemme see if I can find it...

Gecko_Jay09

Addicted to reptiles!
so do i! :( but unfortunatly the situation has escalated today as another of my geckos Sherbet has escaped from a different viv one that (until now) seemed inescapable so now iv got two on the loose! arrrrgh! :'(

steve905

I've caught 2 escapees this way. I get the glue traps used for mice and place them around the perimeter of the room I'll check them multiple times during the day. Once you find your leo stuck usr vegitable oil and Q-tips to work him off. I usually pour a small amount in the tray and it helps them free themselves. I use the Real Kill name brand. Its worked weel just make sure you clean off their feet well afterwards.

sunshinegeckofarm

Obsessed with Leos
Good luck I have had multiple gecko escapes for a while now. I just found the last one yesterday she was missing for about a month and i had another one that went missing for about 2 months. both were fine and fat still but i normally have runaway worms and crickets and etc. just keep looking for them, i have 4 beagles and never had them try to eat a gecko actually one was really interested in behind one of the dressers that where one of the geckos was hiding behind so she led me to it, i knew the gecko was there i told my husband but he brushed it off until i made him help me do a fall cleaning on the room and moved the dresser and there she was living in a shoe lol. that made my day to find her. Good luck i hope you find them soon

Danielle

Gecko_Jay09

Addicted to reptiles!
thank you all for your kind word and tips! :)
just thought i would update you all! so far no luck still, not even a scurry across the floor or a glimpse in the night they have both vanished without a trace! Im also wondering what they are up to...one is a male and he other is female! they probably ran away together to some love nest in the house lol!

SFgeckos

I would definitely NOT recommend using any glue or sticky rodent traps in the attempt to recapture your lost geckos.

Just be alert and patient- if the geckos are in the house you will find them eventually! I've had a green tree python escape for several weeks (turned up in my closet on a coat hanger) and a leopard gecko lost for several months. There is always hope!

Jon

Visit our friends