Mazes, anyone?

Stitchex

Has anyone made a maze for your Leos, just for fun? I made one tonight with a hot glue gun and cardboard. It's pretty simple, but I'm going to enjoy tomorrow's cheap entertainment- I'll be timing them to see how long it'll take them to go through the maze:main_yes:. I'm wondering if anyone else has made a maze or something for your Leos, and how long it took them to get to the end? This is gonna be fun:D

Stitchex

I will post a pic of one of my Leos navigating through it, lol. If they go to the left, then it's all dead ends. The right has one or two dead ends, but it should be simple enough...maybe xD.

Stitchex

Nope, all I have right now are mealworms and crickets =(. Later this week I'll be picking up some waxworms. I think I'll try heat and mealworms as treats.

Stitchex

I tried it with Amber(the only one awake), and she had fun, I think. It took her four minutes the first time to reach the end(and the mealies), and three minutes the second time. The third time, she cheated, so I put her back in her tub to let her sleep:main_laugh: Pics to come!

Stitchex

Reptar, my name is Mary, and I haven't found a guy named Mary yet:p. All I did was cut out some cardboard and make a maze, it really wasn't that hard, lol. Amber did try to climb over the walls a lot, I should have made them higher:main_laugh:

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_03673.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

(and i did take off the remaining glue)

lady.gekko

I haven't done a maze, but I use Habitrail tubes for hamsters and have made tunnels for my Geckos. They LOVE them. Some will go up high, some will have a spiral. When it's feeding time, they'll come out to meet me. Sometimes for my own entertainment, I'll release a cricket into the tubes and the Geckos will fly through them. It's pretty entertaining, especially when they do the loop. :p

greedo11

:main_laugh:I used to do this with my hamster when I was a kid, but never thought of doing it for a leo!! Going to have to get creative and see what Greedo thinks!

erik

Gecko Newbie
SWEEEET! We used to do that with my sister's hamster, we'd built a maze of wooden blocks or make a tunnel maze with toilet rolls :D I should definitely try a thing like this with the geckos! We should get a GECKO FUN PARK topic started with fun things to do for you gecko!

Haligren

is behind you.
Wow! This is great! I'll definitely have to put something together for my leos some time soon. I'm afraid they're getting bored and complacent in their tanks. I take them out every once in a while of course, but its cold in my basement home and I get afraid it's too chilly for them.

Visit our friends