Mixing geckos

aramis32

Hi fellow gecko lovers,

I am new to geckos and would like advice on anyone who has managed to mix two tail leafed geckos, satanic and mossy.

Any feedback on if it is possible? we are turning a 2m x 4m x 3m garage into a vivariums so space should be enough?

thanks

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forums! I don't usually advocate for mixing species. It's usually an unnecessary risk. Of course people do it and get away with it but please proceed with extreme caution.

aramis32

Welcome to the forums! I don't usually advocate for mixing species. It's usually an unnecessary risk. Of course people do it and get away with it but please proceed with extreme caution.
Thanks josh, love the profile picture also.

What suggestions do you have or where can we find info for this? the enclosure should be large enough but maybe it isn't?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
This doesn't directly answer your question, but here goes: Gecko Time ran a series a number of years ago called "Pros and Controversies". Each article explored a controversial topic and the following month we printed people's responses. We did one article about housing multiple species in one enclosure. In most cases it involved geckos of different genera as opposed to different species. Here's the citation:

Aliza

Visit our friends