Morph ID Help pls :)

Ryantaymc

6D03F846-67FC-4D60-AD43-61F58C3A2496.jpeg
Can I have help identifying a few different leopard gecko morphs. I will be posting a few more pictures. Looking to breed them, when they come of age, just confused by what they are ahah!
327AA0F5-33DB-4247-AAE4-2D8F7A7C7C02.jpeg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Top one is an albino, strain unknown. The other one is a super hypo (no body spots), tangerine (orange color) carrot tail (orange up the tail from the base) baldy (no head spots).
In general it's not the best idea to breed geckos whose genetic makeup you don't know. There's no way to know what kind of albino you have or whether they have any recessive genes. If the super hypo has a recessive gene for one type of albino and the albino is another type, the offspring will have genes for 2 different albino types. This isn't a problem for the geckos, but the more "muddy" the genetic waters get, the harder it is to know what's being produced. If you do breed them, reputable breeders will not be interested in the offspring. Think about whether this makes sense and consider getting geckos with known genetic makeup to use as breeders.

Aliza

Ryantaymc

Awesome! Thank you so much! That makes a ton of sense! That was my concern with breeding them in the first place. Awesome advice again though, thank you!

Retribution Reptiles

Stripe King
That is a tremper albino and a SHTCT. If you choose to breed them go for it. Just be ware that all babies if sold will have to be sold as pets and not to the designer market. unknown genetics make it a harder sell really. but by all means if you wish to breed them and make gecko babies have at it.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I'm not entirely sure how anyone could know that an albino gecko is a Tremper without knowing the genetics. Bell albinos used to be more maroon colored than beige, but many dark Trempers look like Bells and I feel from pictures I've seen that some Rainwaters look a lot like Tremper as well. That said, it seems that the most common albino around is Tremper so it's a good bet.

Aliza

Visit our friends