MY FIRST CRESTED

Jorgevill

R-MTY
Hey guys, these is my first crested, I bought him to a local seller, he has a great color I think he is a Harlequin, what you guys think? I would be buying a female, she will arrive in 15 days, so Ill wait. He has a temporary house, I am building a bigger one, let me know what you think, I hope that in some time I got a lot of Crested, specially extreme reds. (I'll buy later an extreme red dal pair from Crowned Reptiles). His name is Jose Antonio ;)

Also a question, what weight they need to breed.

dscn0149h.jpg

dscn0119ve.jpg

dscn0150r.jpg

dscn0147e.jpg

dscn0143.jpg

dscn0121t.jpg

Temporary House
dscn0131b.jpg

Here you can see his weight and full color.
dscn0161w.jpg

SnakeKeeper

Sorry I can't help with the morph, but I think he's gorgeous! Congrats! :main_thumbsup::main_thumbsup:

darkridder

Melissa the Scientist
I personally would call him a flame with some nice dorsal pin dashes. There is not enough leg pattern to be considered a harley. This is a good example of a harley, one of my little gals
IMG_1248.jpg

Now he does have some really nice fringe and port holes. He could have alot better crest structure, his is just OK, so if you are dead set on breeding him, find a female with outstanding crests to help off set his OK structure, remember cresteds geckos are known for those crests! :D

As far as breeding goes, wait at least a year. This is your first crestie, give it time to set in to know for sure this is something you want to do, babies are alot of work and dont tolerate incorrect husbandry well unlike other species of geckos. But for breeding you will want a male to be 30g and the female at least 35g, obviously the larger of the female the better.

Emma318

I need sleep.
I agree with James or Melissa (darkridder) about the crests and the flame morph, but regardless, that's a very nice looking gecko! Congrats!

darkridder

Melissa the Scientist
I cant stress enough, males SHOULD BE 30g for breeding. Males can have issues with breeding also, they can have trouble retracting their hemipenes if bred to small (under 30g). Also males tend to loose weight durring breeding, a 25g male is not a fully mature male, and durring breeding season males will easily drop 3-5g, so breeding a 25g male is not in the best interest of the male.

Visit our friends