Need some opinions...

BreederPhil

Just wanted to see if anyone could tell me what kind of geckos i have here. I know there both enigma but what kind? Also i wanted to get some opinions on what i should breed this season. If i should add anything to my group of raptors and enigmas. Thanks in advance everyone.

Here are my two enigmas...
Female
CIMG8841.jpg

Male
CIMG8845.jpg

ILoveGeckos14

The first one looks like a dreamsicle and the second looks like a tang enigma that has browned a bit. I know this is going to sound redundant but I would take them off the sand or at the very least get some natural type sand. The red stuff is dying their cute little feet all red and they will ingest the sand while striking at crickets.

BreederPhil

The first one looks like a dreamsicle and the second looks like a tang enigma that has browned a bit. I know this is going to sound redundant but I would take them off the sand or at the very least get some natural type sand. The red stuff is dying their cute little feet all red and they will ingest the sand while striking at crickets.

LMAO sand ingestion never worried me cause I pamper them AKA hand feed them there whole lives. The Raptor and Enigma female are both on paper now as well as my Eclipse and Stripe. The rest are on sand cause i hand feed them and there setup is awsome for them they love there caves that i hand made. As soon as breeding season starts im moving the enigma to the females tank. SO there good thanks though.

HERES A PIC OF HER EYE IF IT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING
CIMG8846.jpg

What classifies them as Dreamsicle...

Last edited:

robin

if you hand feed them why are there dead and what looks to be a live crickets in the photos?

BreederPhil

if you hand feed them why are there dead and what looks to be a live crickets in the photos?

Crickets are very rare for my geckos. That was a day that I was in a rush or something left work with crickets instead and tossed them in to give my geckos some kind of dinner. There main diet is superworms. Superworms dig in the tank that does have sand, so I feed my geckos by hand or else they never find the worms in a 30g and I get a bunch of beetles in the tank a week later. Thats besides the point though. Im just trying to figure out what they are, not get hassled over how I take care of my PERFECTLY HEALTHY geckos. Thank you though. Plus those pics are ancient. I'll post new ones as soon as I get a camera worth taking pics with. If anyone has any further ideas on what they are then please let me know it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

ILoveGeckos14

Nobody is trying to hassle you. In fact it's the exact opposite, we are trying to help minimize room for error and make things easier on you. Sand is harder to keep clean, the colored sand dyes their feet and im not sure if they are getting enough heat. You obviously want to keep them on sand, that's fine but we say these things because you never know what people know/do not know.

Now with that last picture I would say it is a Mack snow Tremper enigma? It looks like it came from a raptor/mack raptor situation so maybe het raptor? You could try to prove that out. The tang enigma to a sunglow would be cool --sunglow enigmas seem to come out really cool

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
The 1st pic deffinately is not a dreamsicle tho, because it does not have red eyes or snake eyes. The eyes it has are albino eyes.

I would say tremper enigma, or tremper mack enigma for the 1st one... could be het for raptor, but you will have to breed it out to see for sure... from the coloring, it looks like it could have come from a mack raptor and enigma project...

I would say that the 2nd one is a very dark tangerine enigma.

They aren't opposite sexes and kept in the same cage, are they? Cuz its not advisable to breed enigma to enigma. (incase u did not know that... like mentioned above, i do not know what information u know, and how much u don't know, lol)

BreederPhil

Well that pic her eyes came out like that but normally there all red guessing its her pupil opened. Ok thats one thing i didnt know why cant i breed enigma to enigma? I tried breeding my enigma to a super super like 90% carrot tail a friend of mine owns and he didnt want to for some reason, so i tried with a tremper giant and nothing as well.

Last edited:

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Enigma X Enigma can cause many problems, as in increased hatchling deformity/weakness, low hatch rates, increased potential of "enigma syndrome" etc. It's generally not a good idea.

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
Yeah, just not a good idea to breed enigmas together... i mean, u can, but it is not advised. There is a certain neurological disorder associated with the enigma. Some get it, some don't. But breeding enigma to enigma only increases these chances. It is also not advised because alot of people know not to breed them together in the hope that if this problem is a gene with the enigmas, that hopefully, maybe, it can be bred out of them thru years of not breeding these enigmas that exhibit it. Some of the things they do is spin in circles, wobble then they walk, or stare str8 up (called stargazing)... basically, they can be the retards of the gecko world, lol... and also the other stuff the guy above me spoke of...

As far as what to breed them with, i would say a tremper mack snow het raptor or mack raptor to try and prove it out if the 1st one is indeed het for raptor or not. And the 2nd one, i would breed to a really bright colored tangerine or sunglow to try and lighten up all that dark that i'm sure some of it will be passed on to the offspring.

BreederPhil

I wouldn't. You can but you may have a higher risk of more special needs geckos from the enigma symptoms.

.... That sucks well i wouldnt want that for the babies so i guess its the male enigma vs a nice sunglow or tang then. I was originaly trying to make novas but ive become a little lost on how to make them. Its a enigma het raptor x a raptor right?

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
.... That sucks well i wouldnt want that for the babies so i guess its the male enigma vs a nice sunglow or tang then. I was originaly trying to make novas but ive become a little lost on how to make them. Its a enigma het raptor x a raptor right?

A Nova is a Raptor Enigma. So you would breed an Enigma to a Raptor, then since all those babies would be het for Raptor, you would breed them together (1 Enigma, and 1 non-Enigma) for a chance at getting a Nova.

Yes, you can make a Nova from an Enigma het Raptor aswell, but not all babies will automatically be NOVA's. Only 1 out of every 8 offspring will be.

Here's the ratio of babies that you will get from an Enigma het Raptor to a Raptor pairing.
1/8 Normal HET RAPTOR
1/8 Eclipse HET Tremper Albino
1/8 Tremper Albino HET Eclipse
1/8 RAPTOR
1/8 Enigma HET RAPTOR
1/8 BEE HET Tremper Albino
1/8 Enigma Tremper Albino HET Eclipse
1/8 Nova

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
I wouldn't. You can but you may have a higher risk of more special needs geckos from the enigma symptoms.

You can have Enigma offspring that do exhibit the "Enigma Syndrome" from Enigma parents that do not exhibit the "Syndrome", and vice versa... can have Enigma babies that do not exhibit the "Enigma Syndrome" from Enigma parents that do.

However, i do agree with you, and still would not do it.

BreederPhil

Ok so one more question how is it that the orange spot styled geckos are made. I've been in love with that pattern of random orange spots since the first time i saw one. What are they?

Visit our friends