New gecko

JessPineapple

I got a leopard gecko from petsmart last night and was just wondering if hes healthy or not. I read a lot online and had some mixed information so I thought I'd check here. So I measured and weighed him, hes a bit over 5 inches from tail tip to head, and weighs 10.8 gs. I was wondering what age hes at, and what the appropriate growth would be. He also has no color to him except for one yellow band above the tail base area. Was wondering if thats normal. Anyways he was on sale and they were trying to get rid of him because he was being aggressive towards the other geckos. Any help/advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

Samcman

The best way to tell is to look at the size of the tail and see if you can feel bones when you pick it up. Age is a part of the factoring when seeing if it is underweight if they are under a year. If the tail is very thin compared to the body then it is underweight.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I'm guessing it may be a blizzard, but not sure. Other possibilities are albino or blizzard albino. It's at least a few months old and looks well proportioned.

Aliza

Visit our friends