New Juvie leachie enclosure

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
I just moved my girl into a new enclosure yesterday. It's a 18x12x20 Zilla cage. I used a 50g trash bag to cover it- I put the entire cage into a clear 50g trash bag and maneuvered it so the bottom seam of the bag was straight and on the very top of the cage. I then flipped the cage over and systematically pulled the bag tight and taped it to the bottom (at this time the top) of the cage. The corners of the bag were sticking out like the ends of a gift wrapping, so I pulled them to the back of the cage and taped around back. Then, I took a razor blade and cut about a 4" rectangle in the top of bag and a 1"x4X slit in the front bottom just above the substrate. I cut the door out next and I was done. The whole thing took me about five minutes, and cost one whole trash bag.

Then it took me 30 minutes to get the fixtures like I wanted them. Notice my custom made CGD holder.

IMG_0029.jpg

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
Im sorry, Im confused? Dont they sell this exact same cage with plexiglass sides on the Pangea website. That way you wouldnt have to use the trashbag.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I would imagine that the cost of a screen cage and trash bag is a lot less than the cost of a plexiglass cage.

Aliza

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
I don't know about Pangea, but I've had the screen cage for three years, so I modified it to fit my needs.

It is a good idea, but if you want to see him clearly, and dont want to look through a hazy trash bag, you should check out the pangea website. They are very reasonable (if you felt like buying a new cage). I believe they are all plexiglass except for the top.

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
Just looked at 'em, and they look very good, like they say... the best cage for the money. If I were to buy something else, I'd probably go with one of them. Visibility isn't an issue for me though, the sides of mine are covered by other tanks anyway, and the front provides enough for my taste.

Thanks for the info.

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
Exactly. $40 shipped is still more than the cost of a trash bag. :main_laugh:

I wish they sold those acrylic cages in bigger sizes. I might go for one later for the adult leachianus and Uros.

The best things come to those who wait;) Maybe by the time you're ready for that larger enclosure, they'll have em :)

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
If you have a trash bag over your terrarium...you might be a redneck. :main_laugh:

(sorry...I just couldn't resist)

Visit our friends