Not perfect BUT

Russ S

Re-Member
Russ, I hope you didn't take my comments as criticism...!
I just think there aren't enough of you...you literally can't be everywhere at once.
You do an amazing job considering!

No worries. I understood what you were saying.
Thanks for the compliment.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Russ S said:
I think we are way under appreciated by some, but we do it for the love of the reptiles, not for the adoration of the masses.
I understand completely, and feel that you do a tremendous job moderating this website. Most of the work is done behind the scenes, and it is certainly an under-appreciated job.

doublet74

As the OP let me say something here. This post began as a RANT POST by a single person ( me ). To state my frustration of a certain person who has been posting info that I feel will eventually lead to a situation were they will be doing more harm than good to reptiles.

Perhaps I am wrong but my understanding was that this was the forum spot to RANT ( hence the name ). However this has become something other than how I intended it to be. GET YOUR OWN RANT POST. :)

On a pretty funny side note the person I began this thread complaining about. Actually posted on here. NOW THAT'S FUNNY RIGHT THERE. :main_rolleyes: :main_thumbsdown:

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
doublet74 said:
This post began as a RANT POST by a single person ( me ). To state my frustration of a certain person who has been posting info that I feel will eventually lead to a situation were they will be doing more harm than good to reptiles.

When you post a 'rant' without first taking the issue up with the 'single person' you are ranting about, you must be prepared for people to comment. When we respond to a post like this, we are basically validating your rant. Is this a problem?

Dimidiata

Not to mention i think this was a much needed post to help everyone get the tenstion off their chest, its a subject that needed propper adressing and i belive we owe you a great thanks for starting the topic. i wasnt the person you were talking about....right lol XP.

Dimidiata

soooo is its either
me
lillith
ninja
gecko
grbx
mrgecko
trance
lol. Nice list. I left out russ and GGG as theres no way they can be anoying you. Being that i have not met you on here before this post well, tada. Just Pm the individual, dont be pissy about them in public. OR if you got something to say Spit it out.

Edit: scratch that, only gecko and grbx fit the post count and join time. I guess i do too but my post count is much higher XD. If its me, im sorry. If its gecko..why? their loaded with good info. I dont know Grbx.

Last edited:

Dimidiata

You slay me russ,
EDIT. An i belive in respoce to lilliths statement about needing mods and such, one problem is finding someone who can be trusted to take the job seriously without screwing up.

fl_orchidslave

On this wonderful forum we have an ignore feature. It sure is nice! In many cases, there's more than one way to solve a gecko issue. It may not be an issue but the poster doesn't know that yet. We offer options based on our experiences. It gets redundant seeing the same poster (s) winging off in left field with some kind of rubbish, and must have the last word ......... ignore.

A while back, new member here made some quite nasty remarks to me in the open forum. My only response to them was that I see what their opinion is worth. I can find much better ways to waste my time rather than arguing with a fool :)

Keep posting good information, and hopefully folks will figure out what to do.

Last edited:

doublet74

I guess I misunderstood the reason for the RANT section ( My bad ). As for confronting this person through PM. That would just turn ugly FAST. And totally serve no purpose at all. My purpose for this rant was just to get "people" to think before they post something that they read somewhere as opposed to something they have actually done. Just remember: JUST CAUSE YOU READ IT ON THE INTERNET DOESN'T NECESSARILY MAKE IT RIGHT OR TRUE. JMO

Russ S

Re-Member
I guess I misunderstood the reason for the RANT section

I think you used it for what it was intended. Your thread allowed a few others to vent their frustration about things they see happening here as well.

Hijacking your thread was just a way of lightening the mood. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Sometimes I like to post just to see the words appear on the screen. Plus, it gets my post count up without just saying "cool", "wow" and "nice Leo".

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
doublet74 said:
On a pretty funny side note the person I began this thread complaining about. Actually posted on here. NOW THAT'S FUNNY RIGHT THERE.
It's either gecko4245, or grboxaor, or Dimidiata, or ME. Am I close??? Let's get this out in the open and resolve it. (I can guess who it is by reading their posts...)

Taquiq

JK Herp
It's either gecko4245, or grboxaor, or Dimidiata, or ME. Am I close??? Let's get this out in the open and resolve it. (I can guess who it is by reading their posts...)
This thread is entertaining to say the least... I think I can guess who it is too... :)

gecko4245

I gotta tell you. I'm REALLY GETTING SICK of people with 2 months on the forum that have 250 posts and continuously give out bad info. I know I haven't been here that long. BUT I make sure that the posts I make are accurate. 99% of the time I respond to a thread its because I myself have run into the same problem and I just post what has helped me. This post is directed at one particular person ( no names ). On at least 3 occasions I myself have found this person posting ridiculous responses to people with problems.
In closing I just want to say " Shut the F up and don't post just to get your count up " Because someone might actually listen to your ridiculous crap and really hurt their pet or cost them a substantial amount of money. Maybe then this point will get through your head. Hopefully it doesn't take that.
Sorry for the RANT.

Spit it out. Who?

JUST CAUSE YOU READ IT ON THE INTERNET DOESN'T NECESSARILY MAKE IT RIGHT OR TRUE.

That is not my case garanteed. Anything I said is because I seen it with my 2 eyes. I am not one who believes the first thing I read. I go the extra mile and research everything.

In general some people think they are always right and say something another person posted is incorrect and you might be the one wrong. So before anyone jumps into conclusions about something someone stated make sure you have the grounds to back it up.
Remember you have no idea what this person has experienced or how much knowledge they may have. That is why even if I don't agree with someone I won't tell the person "your wrong". I would just say what I have experienced myself.

doublet74

This thread is really starting to go somewhere where it was not my intention. Hostility on a forum makes you an " internet tough guy " And impresses noone. Stating who I'm talking about isn't going to change anything except give RUSS and his fellow Mods. Another fight to break up. I guess I have learned my lesson however. Next time I will point out screwups in their threads and confront it that way.

I have also learned that people read the rant thread. I never had and presumed it was for blowing off frustration. Instead of attacking people. Which is how I decided to use it.

Visit our friends