Not perfect BUT

Wild West Reptile

Leopards AFT Ball Pythons
It's either gecko4245, or grboxaor, or Dimidiata, or ME. Am I close??? Let's get this out in the open and resolve it. (I can guess who it is by reading their posts...)

Let's start a pool. Who is it? Everyone pony up $5.00 and pick who they think it is! LOL!!! Ohhhhh, Gecko Forums.....gotta love it! This has been one of the most entertaining posts in some time.

I vote for MOGL! She's soooooooo grumpy!! You meany you! :p Just kidding, you know I love you! BTW...I forgot to call you back tonight. I'll call you tomorrow. Good night all!

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
gecko4245 said:
Spit it out. Who?

JUST CAUSE YOU READ IT ON THE INTERNET DOESN'T NECESSARILY MAKE IT RIGHT OR TRUE.

That is not my case garanteed. Anything I said is because I seen it with my 2 eyes. I am not one who believes the first thing I read. I go the extra mile and research everything.

In general some people think they are always right and say something another person posted is incorrect and you might be the one wrong. So before anyone jumps into conclusions about something someone stated make sure you have the grounds to back it up.
Remember you have no idea what this person has experienced or how much knowledge they may have. That is why even if I don't agree with someone I won't tell the person "your wrong". I would just say what I have experienced myself.
Hmmm...

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
gecko4245 said:
I'm waiting.
I made the comment "Hmmm..." based on your post:
Originally Posted by gecko4245
Spit it out. Who?

JUST CAUSE YOU READ IT ON THE INTERNET DOESN'T NECESSARILY MAKE IT RIGHT OR TRUE.

That is not my case garanteed. Anything I said is because I seen it with my 2 eyes. I am not one who believes the first thing I read. I go the extra mile and research everything.

In general some people think they are always right and say something another person posted is incorrect and you might be the one wrong. So before anyone jumps into conclusions about something someone stated make sure you have the grounds to back it up.
Remember you have no idea what this person has experienced or how much knowledge they may have. That is why even if I don't agree with someone I won't tell the person "your wrong". I would just say what I have experienced myself.
Which sounded rather self-incriminating to me. My grandmother always used to say, "The guilty dog always barks first".

gecko4245

I made the comment "Hmmm..." based on your post:
Which sounded rather self-incriminating to me. My grandmother always used to say, "The guilty dog always barks first".

lol, no. totally wrong. You had mentioned it was either me or gboxa. I was trying to explain to the op that maybe what he thought one of us was wrong about, was not. In otherwards he was saying that someone was giving bad info and then he said the person wrote here. Then most people were eliminated I guess due to the post count. So of course there was only 2 people and my thought was that maybe he thought something I wrote was incorrect, not that it was. Sometimes some people have been doing things a certain way for so long they think that is the only way. I hope you understand what I mean. I did not exactly think it was me, but I wanted him to just come out and say it to whoever so that maybe it can be settled by coming to an understanding. The problem is not everyone can have an arguement without going overboard.

Last edited:

Dimidiata

I kinda feel like starting a "how can we improve geckoforums" thread, anyone? Just throw some stuff around and bounce off eachother.

grboxa

gecko4245, dont worry about it so much even if it is about me me or you who cares really, I know everything I give out is actual fact proven and or matters I am familiar with anyways and clearly you think the same. And even if there was some false to anything, i'd expect someone to correct me seeing as were a community...right?. This whole thread is hilarious, if someone knows something is wrong and reading it in front of there own eyes, then just ranting about it makes you part of the problem...because your not solving it. Speak up! :main_thumbsup:

acharpenter

I think we are way under appreciated by some, but we do it for the love of the reptiles, not for the adoration of the masses. :D

You and all directors/Mod's of GF are totally under appreciated. If members knew what you deal with behind the scenes - a lot of the BS would never happen.

I for one appreciate all you do - I really do

I have been on BOD's and know what goes on - you are horribly under appreciated and over worked

So THANK YOU for sticking with us all

I knew I shouldn't have posted on this one.......

No thanks, I'm having fun hijacking yours :D

LMAO - well played sir

On this wonderful forum we have an ignore feature. It sure is nice!

I had a hard time embracing the "ignore" feature on forums for a while (not here, I have never felt the need for ignore here....yet - LOL). Just bothered me that the person I wanted to ignore would still "rant" about something and I wouldn't be able to see it and then post a rebuttle/agreement etc

After a while - it became clear to me - I didn't have to worry about replying - others in the hobby would follow up from an objective point of view. In most cases the OP were willing to listen to other's suggestions/opinions rather than someone they had already been in a disagreement with.

The members take care of the animals one way or another if they can - that includes via forum disagreements

Sometimes I like to post just to see the words appear on the screen. Plus, it gets my post count up without just saying "cool", "wow" and "nice Leo".

Now that was funny Russ

People get nasty online, posts are misunderstood, members dont agree - thats just the way online forums are in my opinion and in my experiance

How you handle it is what decides how it will progress and how you are perceived going forward.

FWIW - I am not even sure what my post count is as I type this - but I have to admit - I am gonna quick check after I hit the post button - LOL

I know this forum has been the reason I have been successful with my Gecko's and I am very thankful for it, and the people behind the scenes making sure it still rolls on - and most certainly the member's sharing what info they have

Thank you all!

Gecko Forums rocks and I am sincerely grateful it is in existence and continues on

Off my soapbox now - beer anyone?

grboxa

Not to mention, ive seen couple people in this SAME thread commit the same act that the OP is complaining about, ive seen it with my own eyes since joining here, my point?..not everyone is perfect off the bat. That is why I find this ridiculous. Like archapenter said, im also grateful for the help I received on this forum and grateful this forum is here, that is why I try my best to participate and give back.

Last edited:

doublet74

Just so you know. That wasn't me. You are completely right. I wasn't trying to put anyone on the spot. That's why it was a RANT

Visit our friends