Obama wins Nobel Prize

herpman97

I for one think it's great that obama got the peace prize. He is actually bringing the war to a slow but certain end. Many people I know want him to fail just so they can prove it was a bad choice to elect him (which it wasn't) Why cant you just be happy for him?

snowgyre

It's not that all of us are anti-Obama. I want him to succeed as much as anyone else. I just think it's inappropriate for such a prestigious prize to go to someone for work-in-progress. He's already got so much on his plate. Adding an additional responsibility such as living up to the standards of a Peace Prize recipient could make things worse, not better.

I just feel that the Nobel Peace Prize, regardless of what the fine print says, shouldn't go to someone who hasn't really accomplished anything (at the time the prize was given) other than a campaign slogan with the word "hope" in it.

herpnewb12

Honesty, this is a non-issue at this point. Despite all the hype it brought, it's not relevant any more in the general circles (just like any other Nobel Peace Prize). While the precedent is large for presidents and leaders who have earned one of these, it's no reason to say he shouldn't have it. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Obviously there was something seen in him that the people who do the nominating thought he should have it, and so did the Nobel Committee. I've also said that numerous times the prize has been given in situations where it can help who/whatever wins it accomplish more. And I honestly doubt that the reason he won had anything to do with campaign slogan.

Visit our friends