Rio update, (the mistory continues)

Foxy

It is now almost 6 weeks since Rio stopped eating, and in that time she has shed twice, and only lost 2g's. She seen a vet that said she could be gravid, so provided laying sites but she not layed anything plus I shone a torch through her belly and there no shaddows in that area. He did say they could be fat pads but be suprised there so big.

She still looks petty good skin a little winkley at times, but she having a critical care and calcium bath twice a week.

I starting to think there nothing acherly wrong with her she just over even and feels like she want to lose some weight.

for those that don't remember, she coming up 9 months, is 9 minch's long and now weighs 78g's.

pics to come as I not uploaded them yet

EDIT:
having her bath
dscf1570f.jpg

dscf1572en.jpg

dscf1575z.jpg

Last edited:

Foxy

shorely is she was gravid I would be able to see eggs by now being the vet said he could feel them. If she was inpacted wouldn't the vet have had felt this. She on tile, she did have java moss in her hide, witch came out and was replace with paper towel for a while, when I was told she was gravid I change to a differant moss in her humid hide and coco fibre in a laying box. She wouldn't use iver box and she today in her tunnel, so wanting her to shed properly I now back to paper towl in her humid hide and java moss in her laying box.

The plan at the mo is to just leave her alone now for a couple of week, as handling her stresses her out.

She's fed mealworms

She never been with a male.

She shed again today thats the 3rd time in 6 weeks.

Foxy

Well she shed fine even though she didnt use her humid hide. Good thing is when she did go in there she licked the wet tissue and has produce a small white urite. Just waiting for the next shed poop.

Do you think there a reason why she shedding so often

Visit our friends