So...help me name this thing :)

Khrysty

I'm gonna start building a website--hopefully to be finished around the time I have my leo hatchlings. It'll be slow-going...I'm a college student and have a lot on my plate so I thought I'd get a jump on things while my schedule's fairly free.

I'm mostly going to be working with snows/snow crosses on one hand, and line breeding SHTCTBs on the other. No idea whatsoever what to name this website :/ If anyone has any suggestions let me know..

I'm pretty much open to anything.:main_thumbsup:

darkridder

Melissa the Scientist
I understand the student thing, on my breaks is when I do changes to my site as I dont have alot of free time! When naming a site you have to think about not only the now, but the later. So lets say you decide to go with something like Snowgemgeckos.whatever you are kind of forcing yourself to always work with snows in a way, unless you happen to live in a place it snows alot. So in a way you kind of want to be broad unless you plan to stick with that for quite a long time. When I was looking at names we were thinking a few things but they all dealed with geckos. Although yes we do breed geckos, I didnt want to get stuck with something that had to do with one particular species as we will be working with several species. But I also didnt want to get locked into a gecko name as in the future I may branch out into several species and if someone is search breeders of a particular morph, youre less likely to get googled with a name like blahblahgeckossomethingorother.com , this is why I went with sublimereptiles.com as it will give me the chance to work with a broader spectrum of reptiles without being confined to one species or a particular morph.

gitrdone0420

Gotta catch 'em all!
Ah! Me and Rusty are doing the exact same thing you are Khrysty! He is building a website for us and we just came up with a name today! ahaha.
I think we are sticking with either M.R Gecko or M.R Leo. lol.

Khrysty

Lol reminds me of that "poem" I had to read in grade school

M R Mice
M R not
O S A R! C M E D B D eyes?
L I B! M R Mice!

snowgyre

Here are some domain name suggestions:

whitefiregeckos.com
coldfiregeckos.com
geckocandy.com
khrystysgeckos.com

You do other stuff too, don't you? Didn't you make some sort of cage accessory a while back? I can't remember.

Khrysty

Started to do custom hide sets, yeah. And I will again once I have time. Just while I'm in school. things are really busy so I haven't.

I also do plan on getting into other species in the near future (within the next two to three years), though I will probably stick to geckos in general

darkridder

Melissa the Scientist
well if you plan to stick with gecko species, I myself plan to work mostly with geckos but I dont want to limit myself if I decide to branch out again, go with a gecko name. I personally would avoid one with my name it in, or anything cutsie. You could always do something location wise, like I know someone who started a site up called lakeeffectgeckos.com which I thought was cool as where they live, they get lake effect weather, very original. Other neat names you could try seeing if available are...
RockIslandGeckos.com
I dont know how close to Chicago you are but WindyCityGeckos.com
The nice thing with location names people who are in your state or in your area when searching for breeders can see you are close which alot of people like

Think outside of the box. I for many years had a website name I wanted to use, of course getting with James he didnt like it and wanted a silly name (he wanted Melmesgeckos.com yuck) so I dropped that name and decided on this. I would give the name idea to you but I already gave it out to a good friend of mine who might use it so mums the word on that name!

Khrysty

Ah, that's cute! lol. It's a possibility..and doesn't limit me to geckos i I do end up branching out further. Only thing is it sorta sounds like "crusty critters"...and ew? lol

Khrysty

So..I decided on khrystys-kritters (as you can tell my my sig.) It's coming together alright, considering this is only the first day I've worked on it. If you guys get bored, go ahead and visit. Tell me what you think (what you like, don't like, suggestions or whatever). Keep in mind that almost every single page is unfinished. The "my collection" page will eventually have pictures of everyone, the caresheet page will not only be a written webpage caresheet, but will have a link to a downloadable one too.

Oooh also. If you have a site and want me to link it, all you have to do is ask. I have a place for other leo breeders, feeder breeders, supply suppliers, and helpful places to visit. Let me know if you have something that fits the bill :)

Last edited:

goReptiles

neat start. it's hard to read the text in the middle because of the background, though. Same with the white header titles on the right.

Khrysty

neat start. it's hard to read the text in the middle because of the background, though. Same with the white header titles on the right.

I didn't even notice the text was white over there lol. I'll work on that.

What text in the middle? Like, in general or on a specific page? Because it looks like everything shows up just fine on my computer

Visit our friends