Super Snow Enigma?

thestack510

Rest In Peace jmlslayer
Sorry for the poor picture quality. These were taken with a phone. I resized them in Photobucket, but it seems it didn't work. This is "Indira" (Sanskrit for beauty). (S)he is from a LBS x Mack Snow Enigma cross. At birth she was completely white and not long after she developed one spot in the center of her head. She has since begun to get more spots.
Indira001.jpg

Indira003.jpg

Indira004.jpg

Last edited:

paulnj

Don't quote me Ken, but I don't remember hearing about any. Some could be out there unmentioned?

miamimike

Awesome SS enigma Ken!...I wasnt aware that a line bred x a mack gave you a super...are you guys sure about that?????...Is it possible that the line bred snow was a mack snow x line-bred snow?

R

R.E.F

(S)He looks Wonderfull :D

It isnt the first SS Enigma, a danish breeder had already made one, but they arent sure either if it is the first, but they have made it before.

paulnj

I spoke with Ken last night about this animal and it was from a "line bred snow". It came from a line bred high white mack snow I do believe and definately wasn't from a LBS from Albey. He wasn't misrepresenting his animal, but I took it as a line bred snow from Albey(like Jess is using)

The 1st SS enigma was hatched long ago by JMG btw.

thestack510

Rest In Peace jmlslayer
After looking into this further I have been informed that the High White Snow, which I had thought was a LBS in part because I've only seen them in one collection, is in fact a Mack Snow. "Indira" as it will be known until I see otherwise, is a Mack Super Snow Enigma. It was not my intention to misrepresent the genetics of this Leo. Thanks to all involved in helping me clarify this situation. :main_thumbsup:

fallen_angel

Fallen Angel's Geckos
That's awesome, CONGRATS!! So very gorgeous :main_yes:

I am pretty sure that is the first too.. besides Albey, I think we were the first ones to have any desire to make the LBS x MS cross (no enigma genes); because when we produced our first SS from that pairing, many people had never heard of it being possible and couldn't believe it.

So I highly doubt that someone has done this with LBS x MSE before AND gotten a SSE.. According to Albey, the chances of getting a SS from LBS x MS is only 6 percent.. although we have hatched 2 now, out of 10 eggs.. but statistics are statistics

Last edited:

fallen_angel

Fallen Angel's Geckos
I spoke with Ken last night about this animal and it was from a "line bred snow". It came from a line bred high white mack snow I do believe and definately wasn't from a LBS from Albey. He wasn't misrepresenting his animal, but I took it as a line bred snow from Albey(like Jess is using)

Oh okay.. so the chances of getting SS would be higher with that one as opposed to a line bred from Albey.. I think..?

fallen_angel

Fallen Angel's Geckos
Jeff Jr. at JMG said the High White Snow is a Mack Snow... so she's MSSE.

I see now.. so maybe we can still be the first ones to do it ;) j/k

What would you make of a SSE that came from a SS produced by a Line Bred Snow x Mack Snow? does that count? LOL

Anyway, that gecko does look very amazing, and the high white line bred genes will make a nice difference in looks IMHO

Last edited:

Visit our friends