Temperature variance- how much is too much?

JordanAng420

I know this has been asked before, and I DID use the search function, but I didn't find a straight answer.

My eggs look beautiful and healthy, but i'm worried about my Hovabator (which i'm beginning to really HATE) and my Helix thermostat fluctuating the temps. I was aiming to incubate around 86. The temps have been anywhere from 84.1 - 87.3.

Now I know, three degrees is no big deal, but what i'd like to know is, how much of a fluctuation is too much? I figure 5 would be too much? Also, what are your experiances with deformities in hatchlings from temp fluxes, and how much of a flux was there?

Thanks in advance.

Khrysty

I know this has been asked before, and I DID use the search function, but I didn't find a straight answer.

My eggs look beautiful and healthy, but i'm worried about my Hovabator (which i'm beginning to really HATE) and my Helix thermostat fluctuating the temps. I was aiming to incubate around 86. The temps have been anywhere from 84.1 - 87.3.

Now I know, three degrees is no big deal, but what i'd like to know is, how much of a fluctuation is too much? I figure 5 would be too much? Also, what are your experiances with deformities in hatchlings from temp fluxes, and how much of a flux was there?

Thanks in advance.

Last season I hatched out a couple with deformities. I was using a hovabator (unregulated! --never again!) and it fluctuated from 85.3 to around 91.1 at some points. That's about six degrees, yes? So we know six degrees is too much of a fluctuation, heh..

Visit our friends