Thank you Repti Racks...

Whitey

So it cost me a bit much, BUT I LOVE THEM!!!! Here they are.... I have one more "level" coming in the mail within the next week. Easy to clean, they take about 2 paper towels straight down the middle.

Now, question about the thermostat.... it says 84, but I have it set at 104 and it won't get hotter... what am I doing wrong here? I have the probe inside a cubicle, right on top of where the heat tape is.

View attachment 30969

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
Did you give it enough time to fully warm up. Sometimes it can take a day or so for temps to completely level out. how much surface area does the heat have to penetrate before it reaches the surface of the hot spot?

Whitey

I have the heat tape going across the back, bottom portion of the cubicles. It would say that there is probably about an 1/8th of an inch that the heat has to penetrate.

KelliH

I have the heat tape going across the back, bottom portion of the cubicles. It would say that there is probably about an 1/8th of an inch that the heat has to penetrate.

Do you have the probe attached to the back or is it on the bottom of one of the enclosures. Nice design BTW.

Whitey

I should clarify... it is running underneath the cubicles... but I placed in towards the back of each cubicle... I tried to explain that before but failed miserably. lol

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
haha, well if it is on the bottom but towards the back I don't see why it wouldn't be at some stable temps yet. Only other thing I can think of is bad connection on the heat tape. I forgot to mention...very nice set up, it looks awesome.

Whitey

Thanks Enigmatic.... by the way, nice pair of raptors. I'd like to see what your son's next project is if his last project was those two raptors. They are gorgeous.

Visit our friends