Thanks a lot National Geographic.

Ehatcher

Well... find a way to watch the show "Python Wars" that just ended on Nat Geo. They talk about the intrusiveness of the Burms... Then they talk about careless pet owners, then they talk about congress trying to ban them. Basically putting these snakes on the level of Satan, Hitler, and Al Queda.

Oh and it gets better... they claim to have found an African Rock Python hatchling in FL. These snakes are DANGEROUS!!!! Talking about how it is an eating machine, will strike to kill anything in its path and can EAT HUMANS! But thats not all either!!! They can hybridize with Burms and make SUPER KILLING MACHINES WITH VERACIOUS APPETITES with one purpose, to kill and thrive!

They also are saying that the Burms can have the potenial range from south fl, as far north as D.C. and as far west as San Francisco.....

:main_thumbsdown:

Last edited:

Barbel

We watched it and it is definitely one sided. What annoyed us the most is these so-called "biologists" that are in charge of studying them in Florida don't seem to have a clue what they are talking about. One woman said that so little is known about the burm that they aren't even sure if they drink water. WTH?!? I also hate that they always referred to them as "creatures." It has such a negative connotation which makes them seem foreign and monstrous.
BOO! :main_thumbsdown:

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
+1, very one sided and poorly composed program. The African Rock Python got the worst of it all at the end. I think we have other more important problems with other forms of immigration...

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I missed that one, but Monster Quest had a similar show last night. They even said there are king cobras loose in Florida. They called the pythons dangerous monsters and said that they will be able to move north and live underground (like in sewer tunnels) when it's cold. Definitely not a good show.:(

JordanAng420

I missed it, and i'm mad! But I DO know that Caesar Milan, who's with Nat Geo, is ALWAYS plugging the HSUS and how great they are. Makes me wonder a little bit... I lost all respect for that man and that television network a long time ago.

Visit our friends